Multi-channel AVA Preamp?

ajzepp

Multi-channel AVA Preamp?
« on: 2 Dec 2007, 03:36 pm »
I wasn't going to ask this here on the forum, but I've tried a few times to get an email to go through and I keep getting failure notices. Apparently the problem isn't on Frank's end as much as it is my IP.

Anyway....does anyone know if Frank has ever offered, or could potentially offer, a multi-channel analog preamp? I have recently discovered that these products exist, with one manufacturer stating that his was just simply his 2-channel preamp replicated three times within the same chassis.

I've had such a hard time deciding what direction to go in with gear, that I've focused on other upgrades. But I was thinking that if there was any way frank could add a 5.1 analog input to either his T-8 or the Ultra, that would be the perfect solution.

Anyone know if this is a possibility?
« Last Edit: 8 Dec 2007, 12:03 am by ajzepp »

ajzepp

Re: Multi-channel AVA Preamp?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2007, 06:08 pm »
So I guess that's a...."no"?

Dan Kolton

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2007, 09:09 pm »
There's always an Omegastar 240EX in the 3 channel version plus a 2 channel version.  Look at the AVA website.

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2007, 10:17 pm »
The 240 EX is an amplifier.

mark funk

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2007, 11:08 pm »
Yes the Omgeastar 240/3EX is a 125 watt per channel amp. :smoke:

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2007, 11:19 pm »
I'm set with my amp...sorta looking for a preamp now...ideally, one with a 5.1channel analog input :)

TomW16

« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2007, 11:32 pm »
As the one manufacturer stated, a 5.1 preamp could be created by simply replicating the standard 2 channel preamp 3 times over with a 6 ganged volume control.  You would, however, likely run into space limitations within the case.  And not to speak for Frank but I don't think that this is a standard product offering.  If he were to consider it, I doubt there would be a 30 day return policy on this custom project.

Cheers,
Tom

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 8 Dec 2007, 12:02 am »
Thanks, Tom...

I'm just really resistant to another pre/pro, and the idea of a multi-channel preamp has really piqued my interest. As far as I can tell, it would be the perfect solution for what I want to do with my system. I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a preamp or pre/pro upgrade for a while now, but I keep moving other upgrades ahead of it in the list because I get so frustrated trying to figure out what direction to go in.  :duh: