PureAV Belkin PF50

giannettino

PureAV Belkin PF50
« on: 29 Nov 2007, 02:27 pm »
Hello..
i have the P9-9SEV2 combo..this unit (The PF 50)can be useful ??(i have some problems with my AC system at home :?)
Grazie
Gianni
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2007, 04:30 pm by giannettino »

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: PureAV Belkin PF50
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2007, 01:21 am »
Sorry, we have not tried this device in our lab.

mcullinan

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2007, 01:27 am »
I have the pf40 and the9se v2s and the belkin works great.
mike

jackthecat

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2007, 08:56 am »
I have a PF40 and it seems to work fine for me. Has protected my equipment on two occasions already and only had it about a year.

timothyharnett

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2007, 10:06 am »
I have a PF40 and it seems to work fine for me. Has protected my equipment on two occasions already and only had it about a year.

So does it actually make an appreciable difference to the sound or do you use it primarily for protection?  Have you tried other filters?

STEF

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2007, 11:47 am »
I've tried this device by a friend and I can tell you it is the wrongest thing for the Nuforce amps :
no more dynamic, no more transparency, no more Nuforce amps qualities  :cry:

In short, I advise against all this kind of device.

My 9SEv2 are really better without  :icon_lol:

I prefer a dedicated electrical line with none power console. Try it and hear it  :thumb:

Regards from france.

Stef

mcullinan

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2007, 02:34 pm »
I use it mainly for protection, but I have not noticed any ill side effects (smaller sound stage, dynamics, etc.) from using the Belkin, As you can see others have had different experiences.
Mike

KKM

« Reply #7 on: 2 Dec 2007, 06:04 am »
I have the PF60 model and it's a great unit, especially for the price. It replaced the PS Audio PP600, much less heat, bulk, weight, and energy consumption. Best of all it performs just as well or better. it is very well built with very thick cord. I love the design with capability to switch all the components on or off with one button and the individual delays for each outlet. It has 2 outlets especially for power amps to address any concerns with high draw.

It doesn't have an audiophile label and probably the name is too mainstream for audiophile, yet they have many years of research and experience designing power protectors and conditioners. It doesn't get the credit it deserves since it doesn't live in the price range of "audiophile" power conditioners. But don't let that fool you, listen for yourself.

giannettino

« Reply #8 on: 2 Dec 2007, 08:14 am »
Sorry, we have not tried this device in our lab.

Ok..Let's go!! Seriously, i don't think the Monster HTS tested and offered on nuforce.com can be too different....or not?
Gianni
As usual, forgive my English :oops:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2007, 09:39 am »
We were introduced to an AC filter called Black Noise from our European distributors and became so impressed by it that we're going to distribute it in the US.
http://www.systemsandmagic.com/index_file/prodotti_en.htm
This is not a surge protector though.  It is designed to filter noise in the system that comes in through the AC. Our most selective European distributors and dealers swear by this thing and we confirmed that it does work very well. 

giannettino

« Reply #10 on: 7 Dec 2007, 12:57 pm »
We were introduced to an AC filter called Black Noise from our European distributors and became so impressed by it that we're going to distribute it in the US.
http://www.systemsandmagic.com/index_file/prodotti_en.htm
This is not a surge protector though.  It is designed to filter noise in the system that comes in through the AC. Our most selective European distributors and dealers swear by this thing and we confirmed that it does work very well. 

True..
Mr Roberto Amato make special things..unfortunately i need too much outlets for my bank account. Good deal for Nuforce.
Ciao
Gianni

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 8 Dec 2007, 07:20 pm »
A big mistake on my part: Black Noise is a very good surge protector.
See http://www.systemsandmagic.com/index_file/tecnica_en.htm

giannettino

« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2008, 02:44 pm »
Update..
Purchased a Belkin PF50, plugged in my Nuforce gear..WoW!! Sound is amazing, clear, deep, stage with real 3D..Very..very. good :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ciao
Gianni

mcullinan

« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2008, 03:16 pm »
Update..
Purchased a Belkin PF50, plugged in my Nuforce gear..WoW!! Sound is amazing, clear, deep, stage with real 3D..Very..very. good :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ciao
Gianni
I have the same one.. sounds great too.
Mike

Telstar

« Reply #14 on: 7 Feb 2008, 01:14 am »
Don't forget the miniblack :)

KrK

« Reply #15 on: 2 Mar 2008, 04:32 pm »
In witch bank do you put the Nuforce Ref 9's?

giannettino

« Reply #16 on: 2 Mar 2008, 06:43 pm »
In witch bank do you put the Nuforce Ref 9's?
In the "High current" bank, via an unfiltered (Eichmann) power strip..
Ciao