RM40 v. Schweikert VR4 Gen. 3 SE?

kristian85

« on: 16 Sep 2003, 03:42 pm »
The Schweikert is another of the great overachievers out there--apparently--but, has anyone heard'em who has also heard the RM40's..?

Juan R

« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2003, 08:41 pm »
When I was looking for speakers last year, my last two were vr-5 and rm-40. I opt for the rm-40. There are completely different in sound, but both are excellent. I opt for rm-40 because of the mid, power front with better definition,I prefer the sound of ribbons for instrumental jazz(acoustic guitar).

warnerwh

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2003, 11:34 pm »
Kristian: I just noticed you are near Seattle. I believe there's someone there with some RM 40's and if you're nice they may let you come over and listen to them. Ask on Audio Asylum as I think he hangs out there. Once you hear them you'll be pretty amazed and may not care what anything else in the price range sounds like if you're impressed like most people.  Being as you haven't bought any speakers yet you're obviously making sure you make an intelligent decision.  Have you heard any ribbon/planar speakers before?  It's certainly a very personal decision but one thing to remember is you could return them if they don't sound like what you're looking for.  I don't know what return shipping is but you should ask Brian.  Your room is the best room to audition in anyway.  I've owned two sets of VMPS speakers and can honestly tell you that for the money they Kick Ass!  You'll be hard pressed to be able to compete with Brians speakers from a big name.