Any idea how much power the Khartago draws when turned on but not playing music?

slow_down

Just got my recent electricity bill and it's markedly higher than in past couple months.  I've been running a space heater fairly regularly but also keeping my Khartago on all the time as recommended by Odyssey.  Does anybody have any idea how much it consumes when turned on but not in use?  I guess a good estimate of watts/hour and my most recent statement would be all I need to figure it out, right?

Bigfish

Just got my recent electricity bill and it's markedly higher than in past couple months.  I've been running a space heater fairly regularly but also keeping my Khartago on all the time as recommended by Odyssey.  Does anybody have any idea how much it consumes when turned on but not in use?  I guess a good estimate of watts/hour and my most recent statement would be all I need to figure it out, right?

I only turn my Mono Extreme SEs off to change cables and I have not noticed much difference with the power bill.  Those space heaters are real electricity suckers!

Ken

BRILEY804

What was your bill the month before....assuming that you were not using the space heaters at that time ?     That is what I would look at first and not the amp.

slow_down

The more that I think about it, the space heater probably isn't a factor.  I used it maybe a total of ten hours before my meter was read.

So Bigfish, you haven't noticed a change in your electricitybill ?  Maybe it's relative.  My bill went up from $31 to $45.  I'm sure some of you guys with large houses are chuckling at what I'm complaining about :)

BRILEY804

With so many people's electric bill reaching $200-300 and even more every month and you are complaining about yours going up $14.   Unreal.

Bigfish

The more that I think about it, the space heater probably isn't a factor.  I used it maybe a total of ten hours before my meter was read.

So Bigfish, you haven't noticed a change in your electricitybill ?  Maybe it's relative.  My bill went up from $31 to $45.  I'm sure some of you guys with large houses are chuckling at what I'm complaining about :)

You have got to be kidding me!! :scratch:

Rasta

Ok,

Regardless of the dollar amount, you have experienced a %45 increase.  That is serious, my friend.

Just one question, where do you think that energy is coming from?

slow_down

Guys, my bill went up by 40%!!

But seriously, maybe I should have written my post more clearly, as I didn't mean to sound like I was truly complaining about it, but rather just curious.  I tend to question everything, and didn't mean to offend anyone, Briley.

And those of you with $300 electricity bills, damn.  Maybe it's time to get some compact flourescent bulbs in your mansions! :)

BRILEY804

By no means did you offend me in anyway, so don't worry about that part. 

« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2007, 03:27 pm by BRILEY804 »

Occam

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882715001

Occasionally, its easier to just measure......

slow_down

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882715001

Occasionally, its easier to just measure......

That's exactly what I need.  Plus there are a million other things I'd test in my apartment too (like my DVR for starters).  Thanks a lot!

mgalusha

My Odyssey mono's draw about 35 Watts each (measured) at idle. Your space heater likely draws 1500W, almost 43 times the power. Running your space heater for 10 hours, this the same amount of power as running your amp for 428 hours or almost 18 days.

I'm betting the difference is your space heater. :)

BTW, The Kill A Watt is very cool, I've had one for a few years and it's worth the price.