A/V-3 in teak

REY

A/V-3 in teak
« on: 15 Nov 2007, 01:04 am »

Just want to share a pic of the A/V-3 almost done, still need some oil and some sanding, very happy with the end result, They still are not broken in but the sound is very very nice, amazing bass, I don´t know why anybody would need a sub with this babies, at least for music listening, still I feel that the top end of my A/V-1´s is silkier and more refined, maybe  the their big sisters just need some more playing time. Thanks Danny for given us access to this level of performance for such little money.

Regards from Puerto Rico!

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: A/V-3 in teak
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2007, 03:14 am »
Good job, Rey!  I know you'll enjoy them for a long time :thumb:

cujobob

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2007, 03:24 am »
Wow, now that's a pair of speakers my parents would fall in love with...only kind of finish they'd allow in their home.  Never seen speakers done with it..

Nice job!

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2007, 04:31 pm »
Wow, that looks nice.

Now let's get some treatment on that wall and get them out into the room.  :wink:

Yes, they'll need 50 to 100 hours of play time and then should easily match the A/V-1 and then some.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2007, 06:27 pm by Danny »

Loftprojection

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2007, 06:14 pm »
I don´t know why anybody would need a sub with this babies, at least for music listening

That's exactly what I said when I finished building mine, then I built Danny's sub kit and I changed my sentence to: "I don't know how I was able to listen to music all these years without a sub"   :icon_lol:  These speakers are amazing, every time I listen to mine I have a big smile.