worst. song. ever.

gary

worst. song. ever.
« on: 14 Sep 2003, 03:00 pm »
okay, maybe it's not that bad, but this new metallica song is just god awful. i don't know what it's called, it's the one where he keeps singing "tick tock" and "my lifestyle determines my deathstyle". i'm no fan of metallica, especially the metallica of recent years, but this is an all-time low.

-gary

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
worst. song. ever.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2003, 06:16 pm »
Given that I am a Metallica fan (of real Metallica, of the Cliff Burton era- don't need anything they did after he died), I haven't had the heart to even listen to the new one.  Everyone I know has told me St. Anger blows.  So much for a return to the old style.

mca

worst. song. ever.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2003, 10:33 pm »
All the songs on the CD sound like the same noise. I have always been a huge Metallica fan, but I listened to the CD once and gave the disk to a friend. It even makes Reloaded sound pretty good  :lol:

Bwanagreg

worst. song. ever.
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2003, 08:05 pm »
Come on guys. Everyone knows their CD sales are slipping due to file trading, not the crap they are recording these days!  :rotflmao:

JoshK

worst. song. ever.
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2003, 09:26 pm »
I haven't listened to the new one at all and I like everything up to the black alb but that one only so-so.  

My vote for the worst song ever is that stupid song in the VW bug commercial with the ipod in all white.  It makes me want to go postal! :guns:

Brad

worst. song. ever.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2003, 01:30 am »
Speaking in the opposing voice:

I gave the new album 2 listens a day at work for several weeks after it came out.   Some of the songs really grew on me.   It's better to me than Load or Re-Load(admittedly low target  :wink: ).   It's more of a cohesive album than they've done since 'Justice.    Nothing earth-shattering, but better than most of the mass-market dreck being released these days.

Bring back Fleming Rasmussen!