New Sub company, You gotta see performance and prices.

warnerwh

Would you like to come close to having the output of not one but TWO Velo 1812s for 1600 dollars? When I read the review of their top of the line Conguest with an 18" it took me several minutes to digest. Even the Genelec which had been considered the spl king gets thoroughly whipped. A single Velo or Jl totl sub will be put to shame. This new company is:  http://www.epiksubwoofers.com\

For those of you who haven't heard a sub that can put out major power below 20hz you're missing a large part of movies. Until I heard it, and I've been into high end audio since 1970, I didn't realize what it adds to a movie when the entire house shakes.

This company is serious about being a contender in the HT subwoofer market. I don't know how they sound for music if you would need it much for that but I believe this company has bettered those other two major sub companies that people think are the best for the money. I said I think because HT isn't my thing but the people who love HT are giving this sub huge raves. When you can nearly compete with two of Velo 1812's you got my attention.

HT isn't nearly as important as my music system but if I were to buy a commercial sub (our HT sub is diy using a Soundsplinter 15") it's very likely this company would have my business. Also here's more info at AVS in the Epic thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=885079&page=26

If you're shopping for subs right now especially don't buy until you go to their site and read the measurements in a review that has been posted.  They offer smaller subs as well. It appears their entire line is doing amazing feats for the money.

I just thought I'd let you guys know about this company.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: New Sub company, You gotta see performance and prices.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2007, 12:54 am »
This one slipped by me.
I see the thread was started by one of my HT buddies (haven't touched base with him in a few months) but I will see what's what. But if craigsub is involved we will know if it's a contender for sure. 46 pages...must doing something pleasing

launche

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2007, 01:05 am »
Ok, I haven't been over his house in months but it surely didn't look like this last time I was there. He has gone mad.
Guess  I have to pay him a visit, I could use a massage anyway :)

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2007, 01:09 am »
Geez - talk about negative WAF!!  There's no sneakin' those babies in as coffee tables  :green:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2007, 01:49 am »
Is there any info on possible veneer options? The home site has a picture of a cherry sub but factory black is the only finish mentioned in the ordering. Just curious for no real reason,,,  :o

Robin

warnerwh

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2007, 02:18 am »
Veneer will be available. Being a new company and trying to keep up with orders the web site hasn't even been completed.

I believe those two towers are of the DIY variety. I'm sure they have outstanding performance. 

If you want to go crazy diy is the way to go. The Epik line though has to be scaring the commercial competition. The big velo and JL have been humbled by a 1600 sub. Being as you guys must be heavy into HT I hoped it may help someone to learn of this new line.

launche

« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2007, 02:47 am »
Yes the Epik subs look like they are going to make a real impact in the market place.  I've got to have a demo of one of these for sure.  I hope to come across some more info. on the driver used etc...  But T.Noussaine has done some measurements and that's a good point of reference for me to start.  That price to just plain good for the output and their warranty looks good as well.  I'm scratching my head on this one.

Yes, the sonosubs are DIY, we supposed to build me one but my wife said "HELL NO".  I showed her the picture and asked again and she said  "HELL NO"

Here's a pic of the Epik Conquest, one big black box

« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2007, 05:03 am by launche »

srb

« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2007, 05:28 am »
I'm a little confused by the lack of information posted in the company's specifications link for each model.

A "review" for the top of the line Conquest model with some specs, but for the rest - no weight, no thickness of enclosure walls, no frequency response, no distortion, no SPL - not much of anything except dimensions, diameter of driver and watts of BASH amp.

Am I missing something?

ooheadsoo

« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2007, 09:37 am »
I'm a little confused by the lack of information posted in the company's specifications link for each model.

A "review" for the top of the line Conquest model with some specs, but for the rest - no weight, no thickness of enclosure walls, no frequency response, no distortion, no SPL - not much of anything except dimensions, diameter of driver and watts of BASH amp.

Am I missing something?

That's what I"m seeing, too.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2007, 12:24 pm »
WOW!! :o  Trying to figure out the look on that womans face... :lol:

TomS

« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2007, 01:00 pm »
WOW!! :o  Trying to figure out the look on that womans face... :lol:
  The nicest thing I can think of is  "...no, honey. This isn't a small refrigerator like you said it was."

warnerwh

« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2007, 03:27 pm »
Being as Chad has spent months trying to get up to production I'm sure his priority is probably income. Buying CNC machines etc can get expensive fast.

The company just launched a few months ago. I'm sure that he said Veneer will be available. I'm also sure that orders have been brisk as the response to his line has been wonderful for him and good service to present customers is important.

If you want details email him or ask at AVS as he visits there. If  you want a veneer finish you could always order the sub bare and then either diy or pay someone to do the veneer for you.

The owner is the old owner of Ascendent Audio.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2007, 04:22 pm by warnerwh »

DeanSheen

« Reply #12 on: 21 Nov 2007, 02:04 pm »
About time somebody got smart and filled in this market niche.

Looking forward to seeing some specs.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 23 Nov 2007, 08:49 am »
Holy crap, what a brute!  The woman seems to be thinking, "hmmm...where do the dirty clothes go in?" :lol:

Emil

« Reply #14 on: 7 Jan 2008, 06:09 pm »
Just ordered the Valor. A 15 inch sealed unit. Cant wait to hear how it gets on for 2 channel with my Magnepan 1.6s.

meby

« Reply #15 on: 7 Jan 2008, 07:51 pm »
Emil definetely keep us up to date on performance as I am contemplating purchasing one of the Valors also. :green:

Emil

« Reply #16 on: 23 Jan 2008, 09:53 pm »

The sub arrived today. This thing is BIG  . Still fiddling with it, getting it to blend.
Only $600 shipped :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #17 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:10 pm »

The sub arrived today. This thing is BIG  . Still fiddling with it, getting it to blend.
Only $600 shipped :thumb:

Just for S & G's,, what's the dimensions on this 15" sub Emil? That's a whole lotta sub for only $600!  :o

Cheers & congates Emil, :thumb:
Robin

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jan 2008, 12:16 am »

Just for S & G's,, what's the dimensions on this 15" sub Emil? That's a whole lotta sub for only $600!  :o

Cheers & congates Emil, :thumb:
Robin

HWD-22"x16.5"x21"