Blue Ray's "unbreakable" BD+ has been cracked!

jermmd

Blue Ray's "unbreakable" BD+ has been cracked!
« on: 8 Nov 2007, 02:41 pm »
Copied from Shawn on Anandtech:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6196.exe

6.1.9.6 2007 11 07

* New (Blu-ray): AnyDVD ripper copies BD+ titles
* New (Blu-ray): Removed "BD+ not supported" warning, as all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD. Reports indicate, that burned BD+ titles work on PS3 and standalone players as well.
* Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money.
* Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.
* New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for more MKBv4 titles
* Some minor fixes and improvements
* Updated languages

jermmd

JoshK

Re: Blue Ray's "unbreakable" BD+ has been cracked!
« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2007, 02:55 pm »
 :beer: :rock: :singing:

Woodsea

Here is a sweet deal!!!
« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2007, 03:52 pm »

jermmd

« Reply #4 on: 8 Nov 2007, 06:06 pm »
That PC drive looks awesome. I'm planning on building a new HTPC in the spring and that looks like a home run. Is the any PC hardware capable of outputting Dolby Digital HD?

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 8 Nov 2007, 08:03 pm »
Is the any PC hardware capable of outputting Dolby Digital HD?

Good question. The M-Audio Transit and software allows for AC-3/DTS pass through using the USB bus, which I feed into a stand alone DD surround decoder. Assuming the usb bus is robust enough, you would need a device with E-AC-3 pass through (which is not yet the Transit) to DD+ capable equipment.

Wayne

randytsuch

Re: Here is a sweet deal!!!
« Reply #6 on: 8 Nov 2007, 10:19 pm »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133&Tpk=LG%2bGGC-H20L

BR and HDDVD reader/writer external for $299!

It only reads BR and HDDVD's.  It can write normal DVD's.

BR writers are more expensive, and I am not aware of any HD DVD writers, but it has been a few months since I looked.

Randy

Woodsea

« Reply #7 on: 8 Nov 2007, 10:58 pm »
This is where you can play all formats and convert to DVD form.  Sorry, for the confusion.  Anyway, the blanks are to expensive for me to make copies.  But to be able to play any HD video format for $299 is pretty cool.  Also, I mentioned in another thread that BR DVD's are available legally outside the US.  The rest of the free world  :finger: to the region crap that BR does.  So the movies are available on HDDVD.

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
« Reply #8 on: 8 Nov 2007, 11:58 pm »
God I love when this stuff happens to Sony et al!

jermmd

« Reply #9 on: 9 Nov 2007, 12:10 am »
The beauty of the BR/HDDVD player is for burning your movies to hard drive. Put your entire movie/CD collection on a server in the basement and access it to HTPC's anywhere in the house. You only have to open your new disk once, burn it, and pack it away brand new, saved only for back up. When Terabye drives become available for under $200, I'm going to build another Unraid Server. You can load a lot of HD media on a 12 Terabyte server!

jermmd

« Reply #10 on: 9 Nov 2007, 12:32 am »
Hey, I broke 1000 posts! Woot!