Xover mod for Super Titan.. Need Advice Please

Framk A

Xover mod for Super Titan.. Need Advice Please
« on: 7 Nov 2007, 04:39 pm »
Hooked up a Passive Pre-amp to my sons system and the highs are right up there in the clouds.  I would like to modify the Crossover with either an L-pad (4 ohm) or a resistor selector type but I dont know which would not affect the Xover design and operation....Can you help me please?

TIA, Frank A

griller

Re: Xover mod for Super Titan.. Need Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2007, 05:55 pm »
Okay, what am I missing here. How does adding an lpad to a subwoofer change the highs? :?

Frank A

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2007, 09:43 pm »
I want to attenuate the tweeter.  Sorry if I didnt make myself clear.

Thanks, Frank

Frank A

« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2007, 10:07 pm »
I must be getting tired as I skipped over your "Subwoofer" word.

The Super Titans are an older 3-way with (2) AC 12" MkII version( one forward and one down firing with staggered resonances), Focal 7n313 mid and Dynaudio D28af.  A beautiful sounding speaker but now with the highs too forward on most material and excessive on one of his MC's that we just spent the day aligning on his BlackWidow.

Its system is 4 ohms.  Although it has a resistor across the tweeter already for its sensitivity attenuation, the cross over looks to me like it may have an impedance correction on the mid and my hunch is that tapping into the HF wont matter but which configuration would be best.

I'm not sure if a 4u L-pad would be okay or would a resistive ladder set up be better.

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 8 Nov 2007, 01:57 pm »
Frank:

Since the move we still haven't found our old pre-early 90s crossover archives so I can't be real specific here. However, what you'll want to insure is that the crossover sees the same impedance load from the tweeter so the crossover itself doesn't change. If possible it would be best to measure the current impedance and then design the series and parallel resistance to stay the same . . .