Feickert protractor

xsb7244

Feickert protractor
« on: 6 Nov 2007, 11:29 pm »
at the RMAF, the Feickert protractor was used for demo.  how does the Feickert compare to other
protractors?

chosenhandle

Re: Feickert protractor
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2007, 03:05 pm »
I have one and can only compare it to a wally-tractor.

The wally-tractor is designed uniquely for each tonearm, and is accurate and fairly easy to use.

The Feickert is a universal tractor that is flexible,  very easy to use, and yet quite accurate. I was able to quickly switch between Baerwald and lofgren set-ups to see which one worked better. The included strobe is handy as well.

In the end, if I were to do it again, I would go with the Feickert because of it being universal and ease of use. Also, you can order one today and have it in your hands 3 days later.

Jazz and Baroque

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:13 am »
The only tricky step with the Feickert is measuring the spindle to pivot distance.  It is easier if you can get this distance from the data that comes with the TT.

I have one and it works well. 

Mike

twitch54

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2007, 06:37 pm »
The only tricky step with the Feickert is measuring the spindle to pivot distance. 

Ahhhhh ..... for the love of the VPI 'unipivot', makes that measurement a breeze !!

valvesnvinylfan

• Home Theater/Audio Guru at Aperion Audio
« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2007, 07:10 pm »
I hear ya--having to wait for my older Wallytractor was excruciating, like 2 months or something crazy. However, it looks like the new Wallytractors are universal in that they have multiple alignment profiles for most of the popular arms out there, and supposedly the wait time for one has now been greatly minimized.  :D