Power Conditioning -- one more time -- with a budget!

denjo

Re: Power Conditioning -- one more time -- with a budget!
« Reply #20 on: 3 Nov 2007, 08:32 pm »
BrianM wrote:
I could hear absolutely no difference with or without power conditioning in my house, which I'm quite sure doesn't have pristine power.

It could be that your PLC was the issue! I have tried my system with and without power conditioning and the latter did have a significant effect on what I was hearing. I recently bought a Alan Maher Power Enhancer II (a kind of passive conditioning) and was shocked with the improvements I heard! Even my tuner's signal meter (usually 3 out of 10 bars and often flickering to indicate intereference) improved to 5 bars with rock solid signal strength!

Wayner

« Reply #21 on: 3 Nov 2007, 09:21 pm »
We put the Tripp-lite Isobar Ultra in all of our machines at work (we make half of the worlds computer hard disc drive suspensions for the reader head), and that works very well isolating nasty motor drives from delicate communications buses. I can't imagine a worse environment than in one of our machines where there is 208 volt three phase, 120 VAC, 24VDC and motor drives along with DC relay coils, PLC's and computers along with a bunch of stuff going to ground. If this device can isolate these horrible conditions, it can make someones hifi incoming "filtered".

Wayner

Toka

« Reply #22 on: 3 Nov 2007, 09:47 pm »
I use the Isobar's at home, and they great...stopped the 'pop' everytime the fridge would cycle, which is all I wanted it to do. Everything else was/is dead silent anyway.

kyrill

« Reply #23 on: 3 Nov 2007, 11:32 pm »
if at yr place power is no issue
there is an easy rule of thumb:

you wont hear a difference in "magic" from day to day and wont hear a
difference from playing during daytime and very late at night say after 23.30 hr
and later

since you dont have yr conditioner any more you cant check its working
on video ( TV or projector)
a lot of ppl are not really skilled in listening but
visual clues are hard to miss

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #24 on: 3 Nov 2007, 11:55 pm »
.  Sure felt good to sell the fancy $$$ conditioner to another sucker...

Hey if you are happy with your system "as is", then that's all that counts. If you don't believe in power conditioning, more power to you.. But when you make statements like what's quoted above, it's just saying to the audio world what kind of person you are.  :roll:  I just hope that "sucker" had better luck than you with that "conditioner".  :thumb:

Robin

denjo

« Reply #25 on: 4 Nov 2007, 01:36 am »
BrianM wrote:

As I said, the "issue" was that I could hear no difference, not that it sounded worse with the power conditioner

I can read and understand English even though English was not my native language! I was prompting you to let us know what PLC you are using! I think most of us who have had a positive experience with PLCs (excluding those who don't find there is a difference!) would like to know!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #26 on: 4 Nov 2007, 04:56 pm »
Hey if you are happy with your system "as is", then that's all that counts. If you don't believe in power conditioning, more power to you.. But when you make statements like what's quoted above, it's just saying to the audio world what kind of person you are.  :roll:  I just hope that "sucker" had better luck than you with that "conditioner".  :thumb:

Don't worry satfrat, the "sucker" didn't buy the same PLC you're using from me.  I'm sure yours performs as advertised...  :wink:

Brian, I could care less what "type" of conditioner you had or didn't have, and you needn't be winking at me. This is all about your attitude toward your fellow audio enhusiast by referring to them as a "sucker". If that's what gets you off, more power to ya.  :nono:

I got no more to say about it.  :roll:
Robin