FS: Butler Audio Monad Monoblocks - SOLD

Double Ugly

Re: FS: Butler Audio Monad Monoblocks
« Reply #20 on: 24 Nov 2007, 02:49 am »
You already stated you did not think they would sell, so this could just be gravy, esp getting the initial asking price.

True, but I think I'm already experiencing seller's remorse.  :o

Thanks Woodsea, and you, too, Alan.  You've allayed my fears significantly.

Wow... I still can't believe they'll soon be gone.

Rocket

« Reply #21 on: 24 Nov 2007, 03:57 am »
Hi Jim,

The amplifiers were fairly priced and that is one of the reasons they sold quickly for you.

I hope you enjoy the new amplifier.

Regards

Rod

2bigears

« Reply #22 on: 24 Nov 2007, 06:23 am »
:D  man,some lucky dude has got my new amps,shit.... :lol:

Double Ugly

« Reply #23 on: 24 Nov 2007, 06:38 am »
:D  man,some lucky dude has got my new amps,shit.... :lol:

:lol:  Don't worry 'bout it, my friend.  I have a feeling you're gonna be mighty happy with what you've decided on.

Besides, you saved some serious smack in the process, too.  And what you're going to end up with is good enough to make grown men weep... and has.

You gotta like that, eh?  :D

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2007, 06:52 am »
DU......don't worry about it. Once the funds clear your account, they are yours. And sometimes the clearing takes only 1 or 2 days, faster than the stated 3 or 4.  I regularly do business via Paypal (and have for several years), and have never had a negative experience. You are fortunate that your buyer was completely agreeable to absorb the fees....that shows me he was quite serious about the purchase.

This isn't necessarily so, you are responsible for all chargebacks. Even if you clear your Paypal account, I wonder if they would try to come after you for if its over enough money. At best you'd never be able to use Paypal again. 

It seems strange to me that he's using Paypal for such a big purchase. 

DU, I'd look at how he's paying, and investigate that the source is legit by talking to somebody at the bank or cc company. Do that, and follow all the advise that Paypal gives sellers, and you should be ok.

I have about 1000 Paypal transactions so far and never had a problem, but don't regularly sell big ticket items.

Dave

2bigears

« Reply #25 on: 24 Nov 2007, 07:01 am »
 :D Jim,you are a good guy.please keep the faith my bro!!!! Pat 8)

Double Ugly

« Reply #26 on: 24 Nov 2007, 01:05 pm »
Will do, my friend.  :thumb:

And you keep me up to date on happenings up north, alright?  :D

Double Ugly

« Reply #27 on: 24 Nov 2007, 01:52 pm »
DaveC113-

Thanks for the advice.  Good stuff!  :thumb:

I'm becoming more comfortable with the sale.  After explaining my initial hesitancy in an e-mail, he finally wrote back with more than the absolute bare minimum of what had to be said.  In doing so, he mentioning checking me out before making the offer, and I know the people with whom he spoke.  They aren't terribly well-known, so I believe he really did exercise due diligence, just as I would before making such a substantial offer.

The buyer comes across as a reasoned, intelligent, well-educated person.  Having been scammed more than once in the past (yeah, I'm slow on the uptake  :oops:), this doesn't feel like any con or scam I've heard about, read about or had the misfortune of participating in.  He's followed through on everything he's said every step of the way, and the US shipping address he provided last night generated a few warm fuzzies. 

No broken English e-mails, no requests to accept a substantial overpayment for one reason or another, no Nigerian addresses or supposedly wealthy clients, nor have I picked up on any of the sorts of things I've seen in more 'conventional' scam attempts. 

I'll know more on Monday after I contact the people he used to check me out.  That alone may not be sufficient to validate him, but it'll be another data point suggesting his legitimacy... I hope!

RodMCV

« Reply #28 on: 24 Nov 2007, 03:07 pm »
Hi Jim,

Looks good for you!
I've used paypal and it is true the numbers are money and when the numbers are yours you have the money.
Is this an e-check or straight paypay transfer?
You can reassure by having the funds verified deposit with your bank.
Note he has no access to your info other then your email address.
RodMCV

I used to be called Rocket Rod, name on my Downhill Skis ,was soo fast on ground and snow.
Just call me Not So Speedy McVeety now. Age has slowed me.

Double Ugly

« Reply #29 on: 24 Nov 2007, 03:25 pm »
Hi Rod,

It was a straight PayPal transfer.  The money showed up immediately, and the process of transferring it to my bank is "pending."

I was wary of selling so quickly to a guy with zero feedback, but I think all is well. 

RodMCV

« Reply #30 on: 24 Nov 2007, 04:13 pm »
Fantastic 4 You.
Rod

PM

PeteG

« Reply #31 on: 24 Nov 2007, 04:13 pm »
Congrats on the sale Jim, I bet it’s bittersweet until the hunt for the new amp is over.

mclsound

« Reply #32 on: 25 Nov 2007, 06:08 am »
these are on canuck for $9500 now

2bigears

« Reply #33 on: 25 Nov 2007, 03:35 pm »
 :D  David Levy has a pair fs on canuckalhead,is he profit flippin' these???? :?

denjo

« Reply #34 on: 25 Nov 2007, 04:50 pm »
Congrats on the sale Double Ugly (Jim)!

I guess you will be getting your new amplifier soon, Spectron Musician III? Did I get that right? I have been reading some really good reviews about the Signature model. I have also been eyeing the Spectron Musician III from a distance for some time now. I think Neil Gader of TAS is currently reviewing the Signature and I think its going to be a very positive review indeed!

Best regards
Dennis

Double Ugly

« Reply #35 on: 25 Nov 2007, 05:35 pm »
I don't know who David Levy is, fellas.  The amps are still in my system, and will remain there until the funds are deposited into my account.

Mr. Levy apparently has a better idea of their true market value than I, however.  :(

Congrats on the sale Double Ugly (Jim)!

Thanks, my friend! 

Yeah, I going to give the Spectron a try.  I never thought I'd part with the Butlers, but their unique (IME) combination of power and goodness was more than I could resist.

I saw one or two Musician IIIs that had been factory upgraded to SE (Signature Edition) status for sale on Audiogon at a substantial savings.  The upgrade costs $1,295 plus shipping, but for the budget-conscious, power craving music lover, I'm not sure more can be had for the price.  :D

Hope this finds you well, Dennis.  Good to hear from you!  :thumb:

-Jim

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #36 on: 26 Nov 2007, 12:32 am »
:D  David Levy has a pair fs on canuckalhead,is he profit flippin' these???? :?

Do you have a link on this that you care to share?  :o

Nick B

« Reply #37 on: 26 Nov 2007, 01:06 am »
Here's the link.....
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/73708-butler_monad_mono_blocks/

PS to Jim     Congratulations on the new amp...hope the sound gets even better!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #38 on: 26 Nov 2007, 01:20 pm »
Thanks, I've never heard of that Audio-Mart before. It's bookmarked now.  :thumb:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #39 on: 26 Nov 2007, 01:38 pm »
Thanks, I've never heard of that Audio-Mart before. It's bookmarked now.  :thumb:

Unfortunately it's mainly over priced midfi - and the forums... well...

John