Need more info and opinions on Etesian

avalon65

« on: 11 Sep 2003, 07:30 pm »
I recently entered the realm of Odysseyville with a capped-up Stratos and now I'm mulling over a pre-amp. I'm wondering how much better the Etesian will sound over the pre-outs of my Yamaha receiver. I've read most of the posts here and seems like the consensus is that a good pre will make a big difference.
So synergistically speaking(price point too) I'm thinking of Etesian with an HT bypass is my best bet. I know Klaus is too busy to update the website, but does anybody have the specs and/or photos(other than those posted by Eduardo back in March)? How many inputs? As for the sound, I'm hoping the Etesian will add some depth to my sound stage. Feel free to chime in if you've heard the Etesian.

[/img]Etesian[img]

Does it still look like this? I haven't figured out the nuances of AC so if no photo try this link...  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=1890&highlight=etesian

Hanx!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2003, 08:41 pm »
That's exactly what we designed the Etesian for,  to get a better 2 channel performance by placing the unit between the processor and the amp.  Total of 3 inputs,  2 x aux and 1 x bypass.

Late,

Klaus

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2003, 10:31 pm »

Etesian

ddemeterio5

Etesian Preamp
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2003, 03:11 pm »
Is this preamp by any chance come with a remote control?

avalon65

Re: Etesian Preamp
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2003, 05:04 pm »
Quote from: ddemeterio5
Is this preamp by any chance come with a remote control?

Yes, at least back in April there was supposed to be one available. If these figures are still accurate, Etesian runs $275 and the optional remote is an additional $150. I would assume lead time is the standard 4-6 weeks too. Here's Klaus' post from back then.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=1637&highlight=etesian

I'd really like to see what the back side looks like. Does anyone have photos of the rear? Does it have gold-plated RCA jacks?