y cable?

ratso

y cable?
« on: 30 Oct 2007, 12:46 pm »
i have been considering buying the headphone amp to use as a preamp for my squeezebox that has been
modded by bolder cable. i currently run it directly into my power amps and don't use a preamp. the mod lowered the output of the unit to 1.1V which has crippled the db output of the unit. the headphone amp would give me a perfect power boost and looks good too.  i would need a Y cable with two standard rca male ends which is no big deal, but a full size 1/4" male end to go into the headphone input (most y cables have a 1/8" male end because they are used for ipods). i know i could get an adapter but i would like to minimize the number of connections for better conductivity. anyone know of any quality units?
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2007, 06:25 am by ratso »

CIAudio

Re: y cable?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2007, 01:54 pm »
i have been considering buying the headphone amp to use as a preamp for my squeezebox that has been
modded by bolder cable. i currently run it directly into my power amps and don't use a preamp. the mod lowered the output of the unit to 1.1V which has crippled the db output of the unit. the headphone amp would give me a perfect power boost and looks good too.  i would need a Y cable with two standard rca male ends which is no big deal, but a full size 1/2" male end to go into the headphone input (most y cables have a 1/4" male end because they are used for ipods). i know i could get an adapter but i would like to minimize the number of connections for better conductivity. anyone know of any quality units?

You need a 1/4" stereo male to dual RCA (portables use 3.5mm).
I'd try something like this...
http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=ADPT-2RCFQSM&preadd=action
...and use whatever RCA cables you like.