Sarah Brightman? Recommendations?

BlackCat

« on: 11 Sep 2003, 03:00 pm »
Saw her on a DirectTV freeview concert.  Not my type of music exactly, but a beautiful voice.  They advertised an album of hers called "Harem" at the end of the show.  My wife loved her, she'd probably sound great on my system (Sarah, not my wife) ... anybody know anything about her?  Recommend a recording of hers?

Kishore

Eden <nt>
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2003, 10:15 pm »
<nt>

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2003, 02:02 am »
I picked up the HAREM album, and was pretty disappointed (YMMV)

It sounded to "middle eastern" for my tastes, kinda like belly dancing music.  :shake:  (Guess that's what you do in a harem??)

If that is your tastes, it might be a good CD for you, except I thought it suffered also from over modulation of her voice.

JMHO

KKM

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2003, 03:10 pm »
My wife has almost all her CD's and they sound fairly bad, soundwise and performance, can't stand her voice.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2003, 03:32 am »
I think her voice is intriguing, and I've been wondering where to start with her catalog, too.  I guess she's someone you either love or hate.

SWG255

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2003, 09:59 pm »
I checked out some sound clips at Amazon.com, and I'd have to agree that "Eden" was the album i liked best. The music is too sappy for my taste and reminded me of a Broadway musical. There may be good reason for this, wasn't she involved in "The Phantom of the Opera"?

Quote from: Rob Babcock
I think her voice is intriguing, and I've been wondering where to start with her catalog, too.  I guess she's someone you either love or hate.