Seeking Info on HT3's

tnewell

Seeking Info on HT3's
« on: 24 Oct 2007, 03:51 am »
Hi,

After 10 years of living with Gallo Reference II speakers, I am now shopping for new speakers.  The HT3 is on my short list of candidates.

I was wondering how the HT3's soundstage??  I have been spoiled by the huge soundstage the Gallo's create.

I see that "Big Red Machine" uses the Moscode 401 HR.  I also have the Moscode and I am wondering if that is a good match with the HT3's.

You can view my gallery to see my system and room.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

carusoracer

Re: Seeking Info on HT3's
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2007, 02:05 pm »
IMHO, They are very good at imaging with proper set up and toe...With that said I'm sure the designers will chime in. I still have my Gallo Ref 3's, not 2's and luv the sound as well.
The Moscode and HT3 combo is a very good one!

Both are very good speakers and alot of fun to listen to with virtually zero fatigue. The HT3's are just in another class of clarity,resolution,and bass response. I luv the looks of my ref 3's but really luv the customized veneer choice of the HT3's. Extremely professional service from beginning to end.

Contact Jim, and take a listen. If in OH sometime send a PM...

Good luck

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2007, 02:20 pm »
I compare every speaker I hear to my ref standard, the HT3.  I'd have to spend considerably more money to get one to sound better, and then they would be ugly to boot.  So getting the complete package in the HT3 in your choice of finish is an excellent choice.

Try the Siemens CCa grayplates in the outer sockets for a nice smooth sound.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2007, 04:43 pm »
"...I'm sure the designers will chime in."

Ding ding.   Well, not really.   I can only afford one HT3, so I'm not exactly an expert on imaging.  All I can say is that the HT3 should image at least as well as any competently designed conventional 3-way.  There are no lobing issues or crossover peaks, dips to mess things up.  And the high frequency response declines smoothly and gradually off-axis.  But the HT3 doesn't employ a spherical baffle or other cabinet or crossover features targeted specifically at imaging.  I think Gallo owners will have to audition the HT3 in order to settle the issue.

randybessinger

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2007, 04:54 pm »
"...I'm sure the designers will chime in."

Ding ding.   Well, not really.   I can only afford one HT3, so I'm not exactly an expert on imaging.  All I can say is that the HT3 should image at least as well as any competently designed conventional 3-way.  There are no lobing issues or crossover peaks, dips to mess things up.  And the high frequency response declines smoothly and gradually off-axis.  But the HT3 doesn't employ a spherical baffle or other cabinet or crossover features targeted specifically at imaging.  I think Gallo owners will have to audition the HT3 in order to settle the issue.

Dennis,

We need to get you another speaker :D

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2007, 08:47 pm »
Believe me, they image deep, solid, and from outside one side wall to outside the other on decent program material driven by good electronics.

Try spending about four times as much to do better, and then the result will be butt ugly too.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine