Clean Power

jcoat007

Clean Power
« on: 9 Jan 2003, 11:42 pm »
OK, so I am building a new home and it has two rooms; one for 2 channel and one for HT.  For both rooms I am having a seperate breaker panel put in with dedicated circuits to each outlet.  And like eight outlets in each room.  (It's actually very inexpensive to do this when you can do it before the drywall goes up.)  I am thinking that I should have lots and lots of fesh clean power.  

So my questions is, with brand new wiring and dedicated circuits on each outlet, does anyone think that there will still be a need for power line conditioners etc....

Thanks

Hantra

Clean Power
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2003, 03:39 am »
J:

I have two dedicated circuits in my room that feed two seperate outlets.  In one outlet is my digital front end, and in the other is my integrated amp.  In that one, I also have a Quantum Symphony, and that's it.  No further conditioning is needed, although I am looking forward to seeing if the Dezorel can work for me when it arrives. .

B

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Clean Power
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2003, 04:16 am »
that is just to cool - I want to do that some day - but I want 4 or 5 dedicted circuits... and lots of other stuff too :P

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Clean Power
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2003, 04:25 am »
Quote from: jcoat007

So my questions is, with brand new wiring and dedicated circuits on each outlet, does anyone think that there will still be a need for power line conditioners etc....

Thanks

I would definitely get some testing done of your power before you do too much to condition it...get someone who knows how to use some of the higher end Fluke meters and other equipment. One thing I know about my power is that it is measured 60.00 Hz in my house (here in Charlotte - Duke Power uses an atomic gizmo to set the Hz)...on the other hand my kitchen light bulbs burn out far to often. Not enough info, but a start. But I am talking about really assessing your new circuits before you spend any more money - maybe you need a surge suppressor at the outside panel, maybe some other basic fixes. There are so many things you could do that cost so much money, it is worth it to spend some money getting a true assessment first IMHO.

If I was building a new house I would also wire at least 2 high quality video lines (the kind used for digital cable/cable modems), 4 cat6 lines and even some high quality audio lines in most rooms.

Supertramp Breakfast in America

TheChairGuy

Clean Power
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2003, 04:30 am »
Dedicated outlets sound like a very worthwhile improvement...living in a rental now, only a dream.  Other powerline and power tweeks have yielded great bennies, so this one sounds very worthwhile.

Love to hear a review when you do it....

DVV

Re: Clean Power
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2003, 10:06 am »
Quote from: jcoat007
OK, so I am building a new home and it has two rooms; one for 2 channel and one for HT.  For both rooms I am having a seperate breaker panel put in with dedicated circuits to each outlet.  And like eight outlets in each room.  (It's actually very inexpensive to do this when you can do it before the drywall goes up.)  I am thinking that I should have lots and lots of fesh clean power.  

Thanks

Dedicated outputs will reduce the line noise levels a little, but not much, and they will allow for prodigious currents to be drawn (I assume you installed 25 amp lines here), which means very few amps will ever run out of steam in your place.

But that does nothing for cleaning up your power, it still comes polluted from the local transformer station.

Obviously, you still need to have it cleaned up.

Cheers,
DVV