Nuforce AVP-17 versus AVP-16

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Nuforce AVP-17 versus AVP-16
« on: 15 Oct 2007, 12:14 am »
- Price: $1350 versus $995
- Thick aluminum chassis matching MCH with black or silver color
- Improve sound so that it is truely an entry level high-end audiophile preamp.
- The subwoofer output is always enabled. When watching movies in 5.1 or 7.1 mode, the subwoofer outputs the LFE channel as required by the program material. For non LFE encoded source such as analog signal, or CD (S/PDIF), the subwoofer generates its signal based on the current crossover frequency; left and right channels remain full-range.
- OPPO HM31 Integration. IR cable and 5Vdc cable between the Oppo HDMI HM-31 switch and AVP17. Pressing ‘HDMI’ on the AVP17 remote sequentially switches HDMI input 1, 2 & 3.
- IR input for installer integration
- removable rack mount bracket

hanggaw

Re: Nuforce AVP-17 versus AVP-16
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2007, 12:20 pm »
Does the AVP-17 receive audio by HDMI when used with the Oppo HM-31?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2007, 09:32 am »
Unfornately no HDMI audio decoding. A lot of good DVDP provides 7.1 decoded audio out that can be connected to the 7.1 input on AVP-17.

dsa220

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2007, 06:41 pm »
- The subwoofer output is always enabled. When watching movies in 5.1 or 7.1 mode, the subwoofer outputs the LFE channel as required by the program material. For non LFE encoded source such as analog signal, or CD (S/PDIF), the subwoofer generates its signal based on the current crossover frequency; left and right channels remain full-range.

How was this handled in the AVP-16? I would think that it should have been made an option for those who do not want their sub engaged when listening to 2-channel.

When using the bypass mode [in the AVP-16], does it also engage the subwoofer? Example, if I set the x-over to say 80Hz for those times I watch a video, if I then engage the bypass mode, is the 80Hz crossover still engaged? Or does the signal come in, go through volume control, then out to amplification without futzing with the signal.

DSA

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2007, 11:31 am »
How was this handled in the AVP-16? I would think that it should have been made an option for those who do not want their sub engaged when listening to 2-channel.

AVP-16 does not have sub out when it is in by-pass mode for 2 channel listening.

I have to check if the AVP-17 sub can be turned off in by-pass mode.  For music listening, the subwoofer (LFE is movie soundtrack, so we don't want to use LFE here) output gets a signal form summing the L and R at below the crossover point (setup when the speakers are = Large).

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2007, 11:36 pm »
Left and Right channels do not get affected by the subwoofer and remain full-range in all none LFE mode.