9SE V2 more tweak....

nuforcelover

9SE V2 more tweak....
« on: 14 Oct 2007, 12:18 pm »
I have opened my V2 SE, the cable that connect the signal from the final chips to the outputs of the terminals is quality? You can change it?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: 9SE V2 more tweak....
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2007, 11:30 pm »
No! It is a litz wire with an integrated common mode choke. Do not change anything.
Please don't be obsessive with tweaking the amp (and it also violates the warranty even though we have been nice to overlook this)  :)
Wait for V3 (the earliest possible and best guess availability is end of 2008 or CES 2009).

nuforcelover

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2007, 06:17 pm »
No! It is a litz wire with an integrated common mode choke. Do not change anything.
Please don't be obsessive with tweaking the amp (and it also violates the warranty even though we have been nice to overlook this)  :)
Wait for V3 (the earliest possible and best guess availability is end of 2008 or CES 2009).

Ok thanks Jason ciao from Roma Italia

Adamay

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2007, 11:31 pm »
By "integrated common mode choke," may we assume a ferrite bead implemented common mode (on both + and -)?  This would be consistent with the Magnan Cable site's suggested tweak for the V1.  It would also be consistent with the nice improvements I've gotten from adding ferrite beads on the outputs of my 8.02 V1.