SEE YOU ALL AT THE RMAF

ricmon

Re: SEE YOU ALL AT THE RMAF
« Reply #40 on: 18 Oct 2007, 01:43 pm »
I like the black wit gold trim. It looks a little odd which I think will age well in to a classic look.  No CJ look and   a move from the "hi tech" no frills black case.

gjs_cds

« Reply #41 on: 18 Oct 2007, 02:25 pm »
1.  I like the current style.
2.  If I were forced to pick from the new style, it's gotta be black on black. 

robinje

« Reply #42 on: 18 Oct 2007, 03:57 pm »
I like the black with gold trim.  The other combos are nice, too.

Toka

« Reply #43 on: 18 Oct 2007, 04:35 pm »
I like the black with gold trim.  The other combos are nice, too.

I think I'd like that look more (the 3rd one in the pic, right?) if it were the EC version (more symmetrical I guess). Would probably look even cooler on a rack with an Ultra amp/DAC lined up vertically. For the "pure black" look I think the current faceplate works better, the more I think about it. But the black w/ gold trim is growing on me...

rustneversleeps

« Reply #44 on: 18 Oct 2007, 10:22 pm »
Frank,

If you decide to put your new panels into production, please don't throw away your old ones. because I'd be the one who will ask you if you have anymore old panel available.

Not that because the new panels look bad, but personally I think they look a bit too techy, I like the humble, no frill, original look.

Listens2tubes

« Reply #45 on: 20 Oct 2007, 12:01 pm »
The more I look at the gold on gold in the system pic the more I like that. :duh:

dB Cooper

« Reply #46 on: 22 Oct 2007, 01:43 pm »
Like the black on black best. It's the most 'minimal'. I like the gold front panel with the black inlay OK but it definitely reminds me of CJ. The gold inlay/black panel on the bottom of the stack... don't ask.

How about differentiating the control panel functions (if that is the goal) with inexpensive graphics rather than expensive milling, to keep prices from having to go up? Is AVA moving "upscale"? Frank used to rag on ostentatious faceplates.

martyo

« Reply #47 on: 22 Oct 2007, 01:55 pm »
How about differentiating the control panel functions (if that is the goal) with inexpensive graphics rather than expensive milling, to keep prices from having to go up? Is AVA moving "upscale"? Frank used to rag on ostentatious faceplates.

You really think these are "ostentatious"?  :o

dB Cooper

« Reply #48 on: 22 Oct 2007, 08:24 pm »
No, I just think the black-on-black looks "cleaner". The black-on-gold in particular doesn't float my boat.