SEE YOU ALL AT THE RMAF

avahifi

SEE YOU ALL AT THE RMAF
« on: 10 Oct 2007, 07:54 pm »
We will be there, Room 1114 sharing with Salk Sound.

Hope to see as many of you as  possible.

We will need your input on some new things we are showing.

Regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Toka

Re: SEE YOU ALL AT THE RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2007, 08:24 pm »
New things, eh? Can't wait to read about 'em (since I can't make the show)...hope someone here takes a bunch of pics!

EclecticSeeker

• Archetypical aging audiophile...
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2007, 09:02 pm »
New things?!?   aa Anytime AVA is talking new things, I want to know about it!  I will definitely see you there.  (And will be happy to take a photo or two to share if that is OK with you.)

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2007, 12:01 am »
Looking forward to hearing the new stuff and seeing you again Frank. Have a safe trip.
Rich

martyo

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2007, 01:38 am »
You'll be our first stop, looking forward to it.

10ear

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2007, 02:27 am »
What is this new stuff stuff? Trust you will advise by way of forum or website.... Some of us stuck in the dry Southeast and cant get to RMAF

10ear

Listens2tubes

« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2007, 09:11 am »
I'll be leaving in an hour and a half for the airport. I could'nt sleep thinking about the show. :thumb:

Wayner

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2007, 09:41 pm »
If you are going to RMAF, you will be in for a nice treat! No cats out of the bag here  aa, but for you lucky stiffs going, well report back and often (I wish I could go......job is boat anchor).

W

Brett Buck

« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2007, 04:22 pm »
(I wish I could go......job is boat anchor).

Gotta pay for those goodies somehow!

Brett

Wayner

« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2007, 05:44 pm »
Thanks Brett! Now it's you and the wife reminding me!!!!! :lol:

Toka

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2007, 05:54 pm »
First person at RMAF to post here with pics and/or info about the new stuff wins a cookie!  8)

martyo

« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2007, 07:51 pm »
I'll take one of them BIGA__ chocolate chip cookies, PM me for address.  :lol:

Faceplates!

More later.

EclecticSeeker

• Archetypical aging audiophile...
« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:22 pm »
It’s Sunday morning, and I have time for just a quick word from RMAF before I have to hit the road to drive home.  Wish I could stay for today, but I gotta be at work tomorrow morning… 
It’s been a great time – my second show – and have enjoyed seeing the huge variety of gear on display and talking with other folks who share this obsession.  The AVA-Salk room was my first stop.  As Martyo says, that the “new stuff” Frank teased us with a reference about is a possible significant cosmetic upgrade to his gear.  He has samples of different faceplates combining his traditional black with gold, 3 or 4 different ways he could go with the combination, and is asking visitors to vote on which looks best.  They look pretty sharp, and may well improve the way people perceive his stuff. 
Was quite more impressed with Jim Salk’s speakers this year than last – apparently they did more acoustic work on the room, and the Ultra preamp’s tube upgrade was probably helpful as well.  Sorry I don’t have pics to share, but I’m sure others will.

Wayner

« Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:30 pm »
Wow, someone is alive at RMAF!  :lol: I don't think Martyo should get a cookie. That was a piss-poor report!  :lol: But, it was all we had for all of saturday! Talking about a hanging chad, good grief. WE NEED PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please.  :(

rustneversleeps

« Reply #14 on: 15 Oct 2007, 03:42 am »
EclecticSeeker, you went all the way over there to see new faceplates? Do they make the sound better? That's worse than $1500/ft cables, don't you think? You folks finally fall into the same trap, letting the desire for good cosmetic appearance overrides your quest for better sound.

Brett Buck

« Reply #15 on: 15 Oct 2007, 04:56 am »
You folks finally fall into the same trap, letting the desire for good cosmetic appearance overrides your quest for better sound.

How does one thing affect the other?   

Brett

EProvenzano

« Reply #16 on: 15 Oct 2007, 05:07 am »
You folks finally fall into the same trap, letting the desire for good cosmetic appearance overrides your quest for better sound.

How does one thing affect the other?   

Brett

Assuming the new AVA cases cost more, it takes away disposable $ for other things like room treatments, for example.

No arguments from me though.  The AVA "look" was one of the reasons I haven't purchased anything from Frank...now where are those pictures aa

martyo

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2007, 08:53 am »
Sorry guys but for some reason my pics won't upload to the circle. I was able to email them but no luck here.

rustneversleeps

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2007, 09:59 am »
sort of a double standard from this group. Bashing the $1500/per foot cable, but glorifying the more expensive better looking face plates.

JohnR

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2007, 10:45 am »
Sorry guys but for some reason my pics won't upload to the circle. I was able to email them but no luck here.

You need to go to the gallery and create an album

http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/

?