New LS 36.5 Review by Marc Phillips for Tone On-Line

modwright

I have only read the pre-press copy of the review by Marc Phillips for Tone Audio of the LS 36.5, but was given permission to quote in part:

"Once I inserted Dan's line stage into the system, I heaved a big sigh of relief.  The panoramic soundstage I'd been accustomed to back in LA came back to me like one of those family dogs that had been lost on vacation and then had to walk 1000 miles to get home.  Not only was I able to recapture that stunning front-to-back imaging that my Devore Fidelity Gibbon Super 8 speakers usually provide with ease, but the Gibbon's surprisingly deep bass performance showed up on my doorstep as well, panting and wagging its tail and licking my face."

"Even my next door neighbors had to come over to check out the source of this extraordinarily beautiful music.  They had honestly thought that their new neighbor was a classical musician, and had invited some friends over to play."

"...Dan could probably rest on laurels for a few years after producing something as good as the 36.5.  I could see this line stage emerging as THE preamp for $5000 in the same way that his SWL 9.0 SE is THE preamp for $2500 among those in the know.  Take five, Dan, and enjoy that blue LED glow."

Link to Tone Audio On-Line Equipment Reviews: http://www.tonepublications.com/TA-gear.htm

Thank you again to Marc Phillips and Tone Audio On-Line.

Thanks guys,

Dan
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2007, 01:33 am by modwright »

TONEPUB

Re: New LS 36.5 Review by Marc Lesser for Tone On-Line
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2007, 05:28 am »
Review is up now....

We really enjoyed listening to the 36.5.  We should have a full review of
the SWLP 9.0 very soon too.  Both myself and one of our other reviewers
bought one, so we were very pleased with what we heard!