Introducing the Odyssey Syren

klaus@odyssey

Introducing the Odyssey Syren
« on: 8 Oct 2007, 05:21 am »
Here it is guys,  the Syren loudspeakers.
Now,  I put my whole,  19 - year long reputation on the line,  completely and utterly by stating that this is the best bang for the buck that I have ever done.
I also have NOT   heard any speaker yet for under $ 1,800  that is the equal to them,  even though there are lots and lots of excellent designs out there.  In terms of pure emotion,  absolutely huge and wide  sound staging in complete 3-D,  tonality,  pure absence of any hint of brightness or listening fatigue, it is amazing for the price....period.
Also has about the same bass expansion as the Loreleis.  In fact,  the Lor's are right now $ 8540.  as Symphonic Line's in Germany,  and the Syren have easily 90 % of them in terms of overall sonics.  Are the Lor's better ?  Yes,  but again,  I tried to make them as identical as I could with the idea of the Syren being 1 k less money.

They'll be the main speakers in Denver.

Late,

Klaus

Scan Speak Technology,  Sonicaps, Groneberg, 32 - 21,000 Hz,  89 dB @ 6 Ohm.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1222&pos=0

Double Ugly

Re: Introducing the Odyssey Syren
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2007, 05:31 am »
Well done, Klaus!  Beautiful speaker!  :thumb:

See you in a few days.  :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2007, 05:41 am »
Klaus....
They'll be the main speakers in Denver

Nice....5th Floor, Room 529......looking forward to hearing them.... 8)  :rock:

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2007, 02:08 pm »
Wow - Looks like I need to add this one to the list, but I'd be buzzin through the Odyssey room anyway  :thumb:

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2007, 02:42 pm »

At the request of Klaus I have been burning these puppies (lucky me) in my main system for the past few days! Driven by a pair of Mono Extremes SE's, also some duty through a SL RG1 and the Candela as pre of course! As for sound....all I can say is that they have a presentation to die for with great imaging and throwing a huge soundstage...., and they look absolute stunning...killer speakers!! :drool:

Looking forward to meeting you all at the show. By the way, great picture Klaus :thumb:

Regards,

Alex

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2007, 02:50 pm »
Yes they look like beauts!!! Well done Klaus und team. What kind of speakers are you using? Scanspeak?
Mike

soundbitten1

« Reply #6 on: 8 Oct 2007, 05:23 pm »
this is the best bang for the buck that I have ever done.

Coming from Klaus that's really saying something !   :wink:

lazydays

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2007, 07:38 pm »

At the request of Klaus I have been burning these puppies (lucky me) in my main system for the past few days! Driven by a pair of Mono Extremes SE's, also some duty through a SL RG1 and the Candela as pre of course! As for sound....all I can say is that they have a presentation to die for with great imaging and throwing a huge soundstage...., and they look absolute stunning...killer speakers!! :drool:

Looking forward to meeting you all at the show. By the way, great picture Klaus :thumb:

Regards,

Alex

I'd assume that they are not as dry as the B&W's, but tell us about the rest of the performance. Imaging? Duplicating piano and female voice? How low will they go in the sonic register? Did you "bi-wire them?" How about the time line? These are the factors I look for in a speaker, and if Klaus hasn't told you yet; I'm putting you back to work later this month.
gary

djbnh

« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2007, 10:03 pm »
What about the amount of: detail, micro- and macro-dynamics?

Christof

« Reply #9 on: 8 Oct 2007, 11:41 pm »
They look great.....is this David's cabinet work as well?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2007, 12:05 am »
Did you stay with Scan-Speak drivers or did you use something different like Usher divers with this Lorelei-lite?  :D Can can't imagine any other driver except Usher that would give up that Lorelei defined smoothness but I will say I'm damn glad these weren't available when i bought my Lor's cuz I wouldn't want anything less than what I have now. Even if I could have saved $2000 for 2 pairs of Syrens. Gee that doesn't even sound right when I'm only typing it.  :lol:

Congrates Klaus on your new product and I hope you have great success with it.  :thumb:

Robin

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #11 on: 9 Oct 2007, 03:43 pm »
Cheers !!!

I think some  in my country will be eager to get a pair as these speakers sport 90% of Lorelei's sound.

Good job again Klaus...

:duh: How fast my website is now outdated, there is new work to do.
« Last Edit: 9 Oct 2007, 03:53 pm by Eduardo AAVM »

Eric

« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2007, 04:18 pm »
Congratulations. They look beautiful, Klaus. Sehr gut!!