What's gonna be playing in the ACI room at RMAF?

Mike Dzurko

What's gonna be playing in the ACI room at RMAF?
« on: 6 Oct 2007, 01:15 pm »
Room 1022 setup at RMAF:

Main Speakers: ACI Sapphire XLs on SCS stands
Subwoofer: ACI Force XL (playing part of each day)
Digital front end: Boulder modded (Statement mod)SB3, Boulder modded Burson Buffer, Boulder Statement Power Supply
Pre-amp: Korato - KVP-20 tube
Amp: Korato - KVA 100 SS bipolar TRUE dual mono amp (only connected at the IEC connector on back)
Cabling: All DH-Labs, Revelation interconnects, Subsonic (Force XL), and Q-10 Speaker Cables
Room treatments: All GIK
Optional CD Player: Rega Apollo

Bryan Pape of Sensible Sound Solutions and GIK will be bringing the digital front end equipment, Korato Pre-amp and Amp. Glenn from GIK will also be in the room part-time.

There will also be a sign-up sheet in the room to register for RMAF prize drawing AND ACI 30th Birthday prize drawings. Prizes to be announced . . .

AND, there will also be a signup sheet for a to-be-announced future series of events at the new ACI facility.

« Last Edit: 8 Oct 2007, 11:37 am by Mike Dzurko »

Eric

Re: What's gonna be playing in the ACI room at RMAF?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2007, 01:46 pm »
Mike, sounds great. I have never heard of Korato amps. I am interested to hear some impressions of them. Oh, by the way, did I tell you I moved to Texas?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2007, 02:12 pm »
I think you'll like the synergy with the Korato gear.  The amp is rated to 30W in Class A and then AB up to 100W.  A local customer of mine brought over his Sapphires a couple of weeks ago and the combination is one of those that just clicks.

Korato is made in Europe and has been very highly reviewed there and by a couple of North American online magazines.  I am just the first one to import it into the U.S. 

Stop on by and take a listen.  We'll definitely have some show specials.  Bring your music by - I have a music server with 4x500 GB hard disks in RAID 5 array for a total of 1.5 TB of storage.  We'll be happy to rip it so you can listen through the outstanding Boulder setup (Statement SB3, modded Burson Buffer, Statement Power Supply).

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Bryan

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2007, 11:54 pm »
Mike, sounds great. I have never heard of Korato amps. I am interested to hear some impressions of them. Oh, by the way, did I tell you I moved to Texas?

Eric:

I've heard very good things about Korato . . .  I am really looking forward to hearing this particular setup. Yes, you had mentioned moving to Texas in another post. I trust it was a good move. Where in Texas are you located now?

TONEPUB

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2007, 12:46 am »
Looking forward to seeing you!  You definitely had great sound last year...

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2007, 03:31 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you!  You definitely had great sound last year...

Hey and thanks Jeff, it will be good to see you again too! I was worried you might not make it, glad you're gonna be there :D

Eric

« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2007, 04:13 pm »

Eric:

I've heard very good things about Korato . . .  I am really looking forward to hearing this particular setup. Yes, you had mentioned moving to Texas in another post. I trust it was a good move. Where in Texas are you located now?

Mike,

Austin