What's wrong with my Denon 3910?

jrebman

What's wrong with my Denon 3910?
« on: 6 Oct 2007, 12:34 am »
Suddenly it just doesn't seem to work. When I turn the power on the drawer opens, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to make it close.  Also when I first turn it on, it seems as if there is a small motor sound coming from inside -- not the drive motor, but maybe the drawer mechanism motor?

Anybody had this problem before?  Any idea of what causes it or what it takes to  fix?  Is this something I can fix at home or do I need to send it in for service.

It is a relatively new unit and has just had no problems whatsoever in the several hundred hours I have on it.  Therre is a chance -- don't know for sure, that one of my neighbor's kids may have been playing with it, so wonder if anything could have happened to the drawer mechanism?  Right now it seems like the only possible explanation.

Thanks for any help/advice,

Jim

*Scotty*

Re: What's wrong with my Denon 3910?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2007, 02:28 am »
Try unplugging it from the wall or power strip for about a half an hour. You are hard booting the brain in the player. If this does not work you will probably need to send it in for service.
Good luck,Scotty

jrebman

Re: What's wrong with my Denon 3910?
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2007, 03:02 am »
Scotty,

Thanks, I will try that.  I did unplug it for 30 seconds or so hoping that the drawer opening mechanism might re-index itself, so maybe I'll just leave it off overnight.

It is definitely the drawer mechanism, and the little motor sound when the drawer closes sounds like the drawer motor trying to close the drawer more than it needs to be.

I actually think there is a local dealer that has a service department (and no not a circuit city or best buy, etc.) so my guess is that if it does need to go  in the repair will be fairly easy.

I recall repairing a drawer mechanism that was acting very similar to this many years ago and it wasn't too hard to do.

Thanks,

Jim