New to iMod

Gary Wong

New to iMod
« on: 30 Sep 2007, 09:56 am »
I never knew that there was such a thing called iMod until I saw it randomly on ebay.

I'm currently using X5 + UE Super fi 5 Pro, without amp.  From the reviews I've seen from different websites, iMod seems to be better than X5, a lot more.  I'm just wondering if UE Super fi 5 Pro, with 320kbps mp3, without amp, can fully support iMod.  Or is it necessary to use an amp and at least use lossless format to lessen the flaw?

Looking forward to different comments and feedback.

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
Re: New to iMod
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2007, 02:16 pm »
I can say that you must use an amp with an imod, the imod only provides a line out, you need an amp to get volume control for one thing. If your imod is based on a 5/5.5G ipod, you can still use the standard headphone output but the imod doesn't affect that. WIth a 4G imod, you must use an amp.

I used to have an X5 and liked it a lot, the imod is in another league of course.

I hear the difference between 320kbps and lossless when I know it's there but 320 is ok for some things sometimes, depends on the rest of your system. To get the most out of an imod you definitely need lossless files.

I have no experience with UE5s

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: New to iMod
« Reply #2 on: 2 Oct 2007, 12:41 pm »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

I agree with what stevenkelby posted (thanks, Steve!).

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Vinnie