Long term Modwright/Sony 999 experience

jonbee

Long term Modwright/Sony 999 experience
« on: 29 Sep 2007, 06:38 pm »
I've not posted on Dan's site for a while, and I wanted to share something we career 'philes don't run across too often- long term user satisfaction.
I've been in the hobby for 40 years, and have had hundreds of components and speakers. Until I bought my early Modwright/Sony999 Signature Truth machine almost 4 years ago, I'd had a dozen or more quality digital front ends, but never quite got the sound I wanted. Call it digititis, or whatever, but when I heard this player, digital sound was transformed for me. Since then, I've never even considered trading this player. I sent it back to Dan a couple of years ago for an update, but the only consideration for me now is at what point I buy a replacement player from Dan merely to get ahead of the normal wear and tear. If the sound is better, that's a plus, but quite frankly this player has nailed the sonics, for me.
I consider Dan to be the master of his genre. While his goods are not exactly cheap, they deliver long term satisfaction that one would expect of the very best.
Thanks again, Dan, and I wish you continued good fortune in your endeavors.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Long term Modwright/Sony 999 experience
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2007, 06:53 pm »
I concur.  I love the Modwright sound, so much that the only reason I gave up on my Modwright 999ES was to have that same sound for DVD-Audio too, so I bought his Platinum Sig Denon 3910.  Now I'm adding his Modwright Transporter to the mix, all through the great Modwright 36.5 (which replaced, among other pre's, a Modwright SWL 9.0SE.   Amsp?  Do I hear amps?   

Dennis M. Clark

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2007, 07:39 am »
Hi Dan  I also concur with the satisfactiion of your 999es and 9.0 SWL Great Audio!  Thanks Dan!  Dennis M. Clark

modwright

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2007, 05:34 pm »
Thanks guys, I am humbled but grateful.  I do this because I love it and YES, to feed my family.  Ths is not a hobby business for me, but my full-time passion and vocation.  Our products are not cheap, bu they represent extremely high value and quality does cost money.  Believe me, I could build our products cheaper, but the magic woudn't be there.  Materials cost money and so do quality technicians who help me build our new products and our mods.

Customer servie is #1 to me and I try my very best to be sure that all of our customers are happy in the short term AS WELL as the long-term.  I am less than 40 years old and I plan to be around for a LONG TIME.  As such, I do desire to build a growing, satisfied customer base.  Its just the Golden Rule guys...I'm just passing it on.

Thanks and take care!

Dan

jonbee

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2007, 07:24 pm »
Those of us who've been around for awhile know that quality does cost money. There's no way around it. In Dan's case, the level of quality is way above the price point.
And to underscore my opinion, I voted with my wallet and pulled the trigger on a new 9100ES from Dan. Not out of dissatisfaction with my 999, but to merely re-start the clock on my front end. For me, after almost 4 happy years with the 999, there was no competition for those dollars from other digital front ends. It sounds like music- all the music, with no artifacts. There is a sense of overall ease that other digital sources don't seem to put over. To me, the risk that I would lose that ephemeral quality that I appreciate so much outweighed the theoretical benefits of other platforms and technologies.

gibheid

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2007, 03:24 am »
Hi Dan  I also concur with the satisfaction of your 999es and 9.0 SWL Great Audio!  Thanks Dan!  Dennis M. Clark
Since we're all in a group hug here, I'd like to agree with everyone!  I've been a happy 999ES user for ages now, and I see no reason to change.  Thanks Dan!

:thumb:

modwright

« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2007, 03:42 am »
Hi guys, the 999ES IS a great sounding unit.  A number of our happy 999ES customers have upgraded to the 9100ES and have NOT been disappointed.  It is upgraded in a number of ways and still maintains the ModWright House sound.  If you are happy with your 999ES, then by all means, continue to enjoy it.  If you are looking for the next product to replace it for purposes of upgrade or technological advancements, then the 9100ES will NOT disappoint.

The Transporter is our latest step in a slightly different direction.  If you like the ModWright House sound and are interested in going the route of the computer-based music server, then our modified Transporter will blow your mind.

I only share this information to let you all know what is available...not to upsell you on our latest offerings :).

Thanks again for your support and take care,

Dan W.