For Sale: Infinity RS 6B speakers

timkeeler

For Sale: Infinity RS 6B speakers
« on: 28 Sep 2007, 03:32 am »
Time to part with my Infinity RS 6B's.  I am the original owner.  I bought them back in '85 or '86.  They have seen a lot of use over the years but still sound great.  The cabinets reflect the fact that they have been hauled off to college and across the country a couple times but overall not bad.  One of the grill covers is cracked but you would never know it when it is attached.  One of the tweeter adjustment knobs is missing. 

The tweeters and mids are in very good condition.  The EMIT tweeters are the originals but the woofers were replaced and Polydome mids have had the domes replaced (sometime in the early nineties).  All replacement parts were direct from Infinity.  I have one spare dome that I will also include.  One woofer surround has about a 1 inch tear in it (see picture below).  No audible impact that I can hear.  The other woofer appears to be in good shape with no tears.  I will throw in a pair of cheap but functional mdf stands if the buyer wants them.

$200 or best offer plus shipping.  I would prefer a local sale (greater Seattle area) so I don't have to risk them getting mangled by one of the shipping companies but if I do ship them, they will be packed extremely well. 

Here is a link to the spec sheet and schematic:
http://www.infinity-forum.de/download/RS_6B_Specs.pdf

However, those specs don't quite match the ones listed on the documentation that came with my speakers.  What I have is:

Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Suggested Power Rating: 35-100 watts RMS
Crossover Frequencies: 1400Hz, 3400Hz
Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 32 kHz +/- 2dB
Drivers:
  One EMIT tweeter
  One PolyDome midrange
  One 8" Polypropylene woofer
Dimensions: 22"H x 13-1/2"W x 10"D

Here are some pictures:

Thanks,
Tim
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2009, 09:53 pm by timkeeler »

timkeeler

Re: For Sale: Infinity RS6B speakers
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2007, 05:26 am »
bump.  Posting on Audiogon soon.  Price drop to $200.  Make me an offer!
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2007, 05:50 am by timkeeler »

timkeeler

Re: For Sale: Infinity RS 6B speakers
« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2007, 02:58 am »
Still available... would make a great present for someone!

timkeeler

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2009, 09:55 pm »
Still available if anyone is interested.  Make me an offer!

dkelley

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2009, 12:10 am »
holy cow.  you've had these babies for sale at that low a price for two years now and still trying?

Am I understanding that right?  Well I guess it was 6 months ago actually that you last posted, so that was a year and a half or something like that.

did they ever sell?  I have a pair that I absolutely love and I'd say they're worth more than $200.

timkeeler

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2009, 09:03 am »
Yes, still available.  Had a request or two to part them out but can't bring myself to do that.  They really do sound quite nice but I have more pairs of speakers than I need.

dnrogers

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2010, 12:14 pm »
Hi Tim,

are they still for sale - I'm a latecomer to this topic but very interested.  I think the cones could be re-surrounded.  I'm looking at something for mastering my mixes on.

regards,

Dave

timkeeler

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jul 2010, 01:29 pm »
Hi,

Yes, still available if you are interested.  I agree, the woofer surrounds ideally should be redone.  I think it can be done for about $30 if I remember correctly.

Tim

Construct

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2010, 05:33 pm »
Hi,

Yes, still available if you are interested.  I agree, the woofer surrounds ideally should be redone.  I think it can be done for about $30 if I remember correctly.

Tim
Due to the age... the crossovers should be re-capped.  Electrolytics (probably used back then)  degrade severely in as little as 5 years.  By now, they are probably at 20%  at best. I'd love those as project speakers.

jean14265

« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2010, 01:22 pm »
do you still have them  i would like to buy this  speakers

juan in  miami

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2010, 02:11 pm »
I used to sell those.  Until you got up to the RS-III, those were, IMO, the best sounding model in the lineup.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat having too many speakers.

Good luck

Bryan