Update on Exodus Subs

Kevin Haskins

Update on Exodus Subs
« on: 27 Sep 2007, 07:07 pm »
I'm just about out of the XJ-12s.   Only a few left.   

The production Shiva-X & Tempest-X are right on schedule with a projected ship date from the build-house of Oct 12th.    I'm sorry about the lack of inventory but its going to take a couple months to get on top of the demand/inventory requirements.

The Shiva-X & Tempest-X are permanent designs.   Once I'm fully satisfied that everything is in-line we won't be changing these designs.   They will become a permanent product that will be available without change for the foreseeable future.   

What Kevin?!! Your not going to improve and update them?????    No... I'll leave that for other product models.   There is some advantages to permanence.   :)

The good news from the first production run of drivers..... not one single reject or faulty driver.   Not a rubbing coil, loose glue joint, slapping tinsel or one single failure.   UPS kicked a couple of them around pretty rough but the Q/C off the production line has been excellent.   I'm beefing up the packaging a little and expect the same Q/C on all future product runs.    The goal is ZERO defects!   

MaxCast

Re: Update on Exodus Subs
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2007, 09:37 pm »
Which one is that a pic of?

If I buy two will you give me an idea of what to do with the two original Shivas?  aa

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2007, 09:58 pm »
Which one is that a pic of?

If I buy two will you give me an idea of what to do with the two original Shivas?  aa

Send them to me.   :D   

That picture is the XJ-12 but its the same driver as the Shiva-X except the surround.   Everything else is identical. 

SteveSlagle

Exodus Subs
« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2007, 11:19 pm »
Hey Kevin needs a bump on these.
 First rate guy and fantastic build quality.
I was really impressed with them at initial hookup. :thumb:

As before, I got great stuff at a really good price, and again he was a pleasure to deal with.  I will be looking at the Keepler as a possible upper for the dipoles I will build.   The details - I grabbed the pair of B Stock XJ 15s he posted.  When I called to give him billing info, he made sure I understood there was damage to one of the units, but If I wasn't picky, I could probably live with the cosmetic damage.  Actually, Kevin's post was

"I have two B-Stock XJ-15s for (insert really good price).
There is a little cosmetic damage but both test out fine and your going to put them in a box anyway.... right?  Wink
First come first serve..."

Geez, I mean, I can't find a scratch on one and the other has one small area of small paint and magnet scratch.  I'm just going to put that side down on the dipole baffle and no-one else will ever know. :green:

Kevin Haskins

Re: Exodus Subs
« Reply #4 on: 2 Oct 2007, 01:12 am »
Hey Kevin needs a bump on these.
 First rate guy and fantastic build quality.
I was really impressed with them at initial hookup. :thumb:

As before, I got great stuff at a really good price, and again he was a pleasure to deal with.  I will be looking at the Keepler as a possible upper for the dipoles I will build.   

Steve,

The pleasure was all mine.   Glad your happy with them.    You never know how picky people are about cosmetic things so I error on the safe side.    :)

I've been extremely pleased with the first production run.   I was pretty miffed when they came out too stiff but it was almost a blessing in disguise.    The corrected production run is shipping soon and I'm looking forward to having these as a standard "staple" item in my inventory.    I think they are easily the best value in raw subwoofer drivers right now and I'm not resting on my laurels.    More to come....

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2007, 04:27 am »
Subs are somewhere on the Pacific.... moving this way.

I'm working on documentation.   I need someone with basic yet good CAD skills for my 2D drawings.   Anyone interested in trading some drafting work for a sub, here is your chance.   This would be perfect for a college or high school student.    I just need good 2D drawings for all the reference designs.   

Just email me if your interested.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:47 pm »
I get lots of email about where the subs are at this point.

The boat was last sited off the southern tip of Kiushiu.

« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2007, 03:59 pm by Kevin Haskins »

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2007, 04:36 pm »
 :rotflmao:

JohnR

« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2007, 11:21 pm »
Classic :lol:

mjosef

« Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2007, 11:35 pm »
Australia looks big on that map, while US looks small... was it drawn by an Aussie?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2007, 12:31 am »
I'm glad you guys like my visual aid.     I think the first map of Oz was drawn by an English man.   Was it Cook?   He did the east coast at least.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2007, 03:25 pm »
I get lots of email about where the subs are at this point.

The boat was last sited off the southern tip of Kiushiu.

Ok... I know I've not updated my map as the USS Subwoofer made its way across the Pacific.   

It has managed to evade pirates near the Philippines, weathered a high seas & gale force winds and ride a tsunami wave off the Straits of Juan de Fuca.       But.... the evil Homeland Security guys got a look at one of my subs and wanted to make sure we are not building nuclear weapons.     

After a slight delay.... we should have them in stock early next week.