Nuforce 8.5's vs. 8.5V2

mmakshak

Nuforce 8.5's vs. 8.5V2
« on: 25 Sep 2007, 05:02 pm »
  I just returned my 8.5V2 to Nuforce(Thanks Jason, Casey, and Anna).  I own 8.5's.  Two immediate differences I discovered were that the feet are a little softer(a good thing, but I use myrtle blocks and isonodes and not the feet) and the power cord is different.  The slightly dark sound when used with the standard power cords is gone.  The bass is better.  More information is clearer.  There is more depth.  The sound is smoother and cut more from the same cloth.  V2 is less noisy(not that the 8.5's are noisy).  My suggestion is to get the V2's, if you are happy with the 8.5's.  Me, I won't be getting them just yet, as I'm saving for a P9 first.

mmakshak

Re: Nuforce 8.5's vs. 8.5V2
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2007, 04:38 pm »
  If Nuforce can have a version 2, can I?  Just a few more thoughts here.  I don't know how to describe this, but the sound as it comes towards you is now audible(or noticeable?).  There is more sweetness to the sound.  You can save money also.  I think the power cord beats the 8.5's power cord and the Volex 17604, so there is no immediate need to upgrade it.  I don't know how one can get proper bass with version 1-maybe with additional capacitors?  Voices are also better with V-2.  Now, single-ended amps may click better with a few recordings, or tubes might do something, but otherwise(don't forget tube's problems), I think V2 is great.  If you audition one, don't forget about the burn-in.  I think it is better to not listen until then, as it colors one's thinking(I always forget to do this.).