how long is the break-in?

montag451

how long is the break-in?
« on: 22 Sep 2007, 05:50 pm »
i'm a 3 days nuforce owner.
i hooked up a p8 and 2 8.5 v2 on thursday and from then they are continuosly running.
i still find some "drilling" kind of sound. i'm sure this is not their whole potential, as i heard a sligthly lesser nuforce setup with mg 1.6s (i own mg12s) and no listening fatigue at all.
how long am i expecting to reach a good performance (no bloating bass, no hard treble)?

stefano

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: how long is the break-in?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2007, 07:42 am »
Typically we recommend 75 hrs.  You're just about there. Give it another day. Some people claim to hear improvement all the way to 200 hours  :icon_surprised:
The Ref 8.5V2 and Ref 9V2 uses two big cap (the SE has a custom cap board with many different smaller size caps and take less time to breakin) and can take some time to breakin.

montag451

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2007, 11:04 am »
Typically we recommend 75 hrs.  You're just about there. Give it another day. Some people claim to hear improvement all the way to 200 hours  :icon_surprised:
The Ref 8.5V2 and Ref 9V2 uses two big cap (the SE has a custom cap board with many different smaller size caps and take less time to breakin) and can take some time to breakin.

thanks, jason.
i've been out for a day, living the electronics playing.
it seems to have lifted the sound quality to a higher level. piano never sounded as nice as this, now. never believed a break-in could be so effective!

stefano

montag451

« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2007, 08:30 pm »
few more days passed, more music has been played. there has been a sudden giant step, fron one day to another. now i'm relaxing, just music and music. what a trio amp, boys (p8 + 8.5 v2)!!!!! :thumb: :D