round houses (Futuro)

barney

round houses (Futuro)
« on: 22 Sep 2007, 12:49 am »
Esteemed sirs,
     I live in a Futuro house (see Futuro houses under google). The house is elliptical in shape, like a large pill a physician might prescribe, 26 feet in diameter, its major axis, and 12 feet from bottom to top in the centre, its minor axis. I have done the following to try to treat the accoustical vicissitudes sound might suffer due to the concave interior of the house: I place the listening seats 5 feet from the rear which is covered with 3 inch sound absorbers, heavy curtains, and two home made wood diffusers. I have all parts of the ceiling that reflects a speaker from a mirror taped thereto covered with 3 inch foam absorbers, and the speakers OB7's will be placed several feet from any wall such as the walls that partition off the bed chamber and the shower room, (and sactatorium). Three feet in front of where the speakers will go is a curved movie screen for watching opera on DVD.
     I would be most indepted for suggestions as to how best to treat this somewhat unusual house. Again, there are pictures of these houses on the internet.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: round houses (Futuro)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2007, 06:40 am »

Now those are very unusual homes...... :o

Ethan Winer

• Industry Participant
  • Audio expert
    • RealTraps - The acoustic treatment experts
Re: round houses (Futuro)
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2007, 08:18 pm »
...covered with 3 inch sound absorbers, heavy curtains, and two home made wood diffusers. I have all parts of the ceiling that reflects a speaker from a mirror taped thereto covered with 3 inch foam absorbers

Sounds like you're off to a good start Barney. Add some bass trapping and you'll be even farther along.

--Ethan