NuForce S-9 Wins Absolute Sound's "Editors Choice" Award

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Folks,

The announcement is in the October issue - on newstands now.  Just another feather in the ol' SP Tech cap! :green:  See... even the "big boys" appreciate our efforts.

-Bob
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2007, 04:23 pm by SP Pres »

alotaklipsch

Re: NuForce S-9 Wins Absolute Sound's "Editors Choice" Award
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2007, 08:28 pm »
CONGRAT'S, LOOKING FORWARD TO FINALLY HEARING YOUR STUFF AT RMAF :beer:

Rocket

Re: NuForce S-9 Wins Absolute Sound's "Editors Choice" Award
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2007, 09:03 am »
Hi Bob,

I bought the nuforce s9's that were reviewed by 6moons recently.  Living in Perth, Western Australia I find is frustrating as I never get to hear all the products I read so much about on Audiocircle.  Occasionally, I buy products off the net and 9 times out of 10 I'm really disappointed with my choice and I often think there is too much hype about products.

I've been exposed to a lot of really good quality speakers that use top notch components that include, accuton, raven ribbon tweeters, phl and focal.  I've sunk a lot of my money into audio and currently my system as is follows:

Bluenote Turntable and phonostage
Pioneer pds 507 (modded using g&d clock and digital output stage as a transport)
Perpetual technologies p1a/3a (modwright level 2)
N.E.W. P3 Tube preamp
Spread spectrum technologies 'son of ampzilla' & ps audio hca - 2 (highly modded)

I like to think that I have assembled a pretty reasonable system. 

Okay, enough of my ramblings your speakers sound very good.  I usually use speakers that use ribbon tweeters and your design is the best dome tweeter I've heard, its all there to hear afaik.  The midrange is very transparent and takes on a semi-liquid quality using my SOA and the bass is pretty good and hits me in the chest just like I like it.  I find I'm not listening to my speakers quite as loud as the bass is sufficient for my needs.  The speakers handle all round music and in particular female vocalists sound great.  The speakers look a treat and I also bought a Solid Tech speaker stand as they match the austhetics really well.  I'm really tapping my foot listening to music thru these speakers and its a measure of their musicality.

I can't compare the relative value of the nuforce speakers in comparison to other US products as I haven't had that experience. 

Best wishes

Rod