Utilizing a din 8 pin push in socket for the Piccolo TC7662B

tubesforever

I am concerned that I have damaged my IC dc/dc piece. 

It is an 8 pin din affair and I am planning on soldering in a push in socket and then using a new piece to see if I can get the 5k hz noise eliminated in my unit.  I have already strapped pin one to ground to force 35k hz performance but the 5k tone is clear as a bell.

Does anyone know if the TC7662B will be happy in a push in socket or am I creating a whole different set of issues? 

Cheers!

ecir38

Re: Utilizing a din 8 pin push in socket for the Piccolo TC7662B
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2007, 04:17 pm »
Doesn't seem like this would be a problem as long as there is ample room for the socket which I think you should have.

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
Re: Utilizing a din 8 pin push in socket for the Piccolo TC7662B
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2007, 04:20 pm »
When built as stock, there is no interfering tone.  The problem can arise when the shield terminals or the recommended box is not used.  Then there is the possibility of the noise source coupling to wiring.  Keep all wires (I/O, power supply) away from the dc-dc chip.  It worked fine for me in the CORNET MC.

Removing the dc-dc chip will be difficult, especially the ground pin.  Use mores solder, not less.  A socket will probably be ok.  If built non-stock, then add extra shielding in that area.

jh