Home theatre bypass in P9

Viclondon

Home theatre bypass in P9
« on: 20 Sep 2007, 09:03 pm »
This is a really stupid question, but I just don't understand how the HT bypass works in general and specifically in the P9.
I am planning to integrate my 2-channel system with the home theatre sharing the same main speakers, but with a separate 2-ch preamp for music.
My music set up is Resolution Audio Opus 21>Minimax tubed preamp>NF ref9SE v2>Gallo Ref 3
The Minimax does not have a remote control nor a HT bypass, so I need to change input from the selector every time I want to go from music to movies or the other way around. I am possibly thinking of getting a AVP-16 for HT duties while I wait for the next Nuforce HT pre/pro.
I would like to be able to use a universal remote control with macro to be able to do everything with a single touch (for the wife :oops:), but cannot currently do it with my set up.
As I understand from the manual of the P9, one of the input is by-passable: so I suppose I could connect the pre out of the AVP-16 to this input and connect my Opus 21 to another input, finally connect my speakers to the P9. As I understand when I use the AYV16 to whatch a movie the P9 would act as a pass through, i.e. will just let the sound from the AVP16 go to the speakers without imparting its own signature, either if it is on or off. Is this correct?
Alternatively, since the input selector can be operated via the remote control, I could as well connect the AVP 16 to any other input and simply write a macro to change input when I want to use HT and another macro for reverting to the original input for listening to music. In this case the P9 will process the sound a second time after the AVP-16.
Am I getting this right?
Sorry again for the very silly question, but this could make life much easier

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: Home theatre bypass in P9
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2007, 02:34 am »
General case: Whenever P9 is turned-off by remote, Input-5 on P9 is directly routed to the output.

AVP16:  Connect 'AVP16 Trigger Out' to 'P9 Trigger In'.  When you turn-on AVP16, P9 will be switched to Input-5.

Viclondon

Re: Home theatre bypass in P9
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2007, 10:57 am »
Thanks Casey.  That's brilliant. Exactly whaat I was looking for