NIB Garrard Synchro-Lab 95 on ebay

acresm22

NIB Garrard Synchro-Lab 95 on ebay
« on: 20 Sep 2007, 03:43 pm »
Don't know if any of you have seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260159960522&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:12

I started watching this auction back when the bid was pocket change. Now at $455...wow! From the research I did on this table, it was nothing too special...in fact, I couldn't find any posts on AA bragging about it, and several saying it was crappy back in the day. Is this just a case of an ebay feeding frenzy? Seems like any number of new entry tables from Project, Technics or Music Hall would be much better....but what do I know?

Charles Calkins

Re: NIB Garrard Synchro-Lab 95 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2007, 03:52 pm »
GEEZEEE!!!!

My top of the line Garrard DD75 cost about $200.00 brand new. 1980 or so. As I remember the 95 was way down on the Garrard table list.

Oh well!!  Buy high,sell low or give it away!

Cheers
                              Charlie

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2007, 04:36 pm »
Don't know if any of you have seen this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260159960522&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:12

I started watching this auction back when the bid was pocket change. Now at $455...wow! From the research I did on this table, it was nothing too special...in fact, I couldn't find any posts on AA bragging about it, and several saying it was crappy back in the day. Is this just a case of an ebay feeding frenzy? Seems like any number of new entry tables from Project, Technics or Music Hall would be much better....but what do I know?

Some people may still have the mentality that "they don't build them like THAT anymore!".

hurdy_gurdyman

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2007, 12:54 pm »
I have a Synchro-Lab 95B that I bought from the wife of a deceased friend about four or five years ago. It has the cheap plastic plinth. The unit does have a quiet, but small, synchronous motor and does a credible job (actually a pretty good job) of spinning a record. Runs dead-quiet. It also has a (somewhat heavy) tonearm that actually tracks well and sounds decent. It's main claim to fame, IMO, is it resists footfalls better than any turntable I've ever had. One major flaw is the slide-in head-shell.  This can loosen easy and also has contact issues. All in all, a decent inexpensive table. I've seen them go on ePay for $4.00- $30.00 or so. I paid $25.00 for mine and thought it was a bit high, but was contributing to a friend.

I have thought about tricking this unit out with a new massive plinth and some tweaking. I suspect the sound could surprise a few die-hard high-enders. :green:

Dave :)