Looking for AKSA amps...

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Looking for AKSA amps...
« on: 18 Sep 2007, 02:15 am »
to audition. If anybody is in or near the Cleveland area, I'm curious! I have driven as far as Chicago, Pittsburgh, Columbus, or Toronto! However if you're local and willing to audition, give me a shout! Maybe we can talk over some bruskie!  aa

Best,
Anand.

PSP

Re: Looking for AKSA amps...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2007, 04:59 pm »
Anand,
If you ever miss the Chicago exit and end up in Minneapolis, you are welcome to stop by.  I have LF55 and AKSA 100 Nirvana+ power amps, GK-1 preamp (modded) and the TLP-Nirvana preamp.  My source is a modded Philips 963SA, speaks are GR-Research Paradox 3 ( http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=125 ) and Linkwitz Orions.  This would be a long drive for you, but you could hear a lot of Aspen equipment in one shot.

Peter

kyrill

« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2007, 07:14 pm »
"..This would be a long drive for you, but you could hear a lot of Aspen equipment in one shot."

and have a beer too?  :thumb:

Peter have you already removed the input cap of the AKSA/LF  if the GK-1 including (modded) endcap is before it?

Will make a nice difference :) and is not that expensive :green:

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2007, 07:47 pm »
Anand,
If you ever miss the Chicago exit and end up in Minneapolis, you are welcome to stop by.  I have LF55 and AKSA 100 Nirvana+ power amps, GK-1 preamp (modded) and the TLP-Nirvana preamp.  My source is a modded Philips 963SA, speaks are GR-Research Paradox 3 ( http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=125 ) and Linkwitz Orions.  This would be a long drive for you, but you could hear a lot of Aspen equipment in one shot.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the hospitality. Your system looks great. Well respected speakers! Now I need to wage an excuse with the significant other to go to Minneapolis! Probably a 12 hour drive. Or 2 hours by flight!

Best,
Anand.

kyrill

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2007, 10:08 pm »
wow  along distance for an audience

In my case it would be living in Amsterdam and then listening to the amps in Nice, South of France

AKSA

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2007, 12:41 am »
St Pierre,

Many thanks for your kind offer to Anand, very nice of you.....

I must say that my offhand attitude to distance in Australia, where I regularly drive 450 mile journeys and think nothing of it, a huge distance by European standards, was knocked for a six when I was recently buying US airline tickets.

The Denver/NYC leg is no less than 1626 miles - that's 2,640 kms - a six hour flight, with brief stopover in Charlotte.  I knew Oz was only 10% smaller in land area than continental USA, but the reality of these distances hits home when you see the distances and pay the fare - which is still around half the Oz fares, very cheap!

I'm constantly dismayed at how much we Aussies pay for our consumer goods, often almost double the US cost.  No fun at all.....

Stick with it, Anand, I have more customer sheets to look at but how far to Columbus for you?

Cheers,

Hugh

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2007, 04:03 am »
gonefishin is in Joliet, Illinois

Profile...

And a nice system....Link...

You might check with him.... 8)

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2007, 03:30 pm »
Hugh,

I'm only 1.5 hours from Columbus. Its a cakewalk!

Lonewolfny42, Thanks for link!

Anand.

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2007, 12:41 pm »
If there are any AKSA owners in SF Bay area or thereabouts and would be willing to audition their AKSA amp the weekend of October 25,26,27, let me know. I'll be thereabouts for business and would love to listen to a pair.

Best,
Anand.

AKSA

« Reply #9 on: 8 Oct 2007, 10:26 pm »
Aha, Anand!!

There is one Michael Amster lives in LA with AKSAs.  He is a wonderful fellow, I will email him today!

Thank you sincerely for your perseverance!

Hugh

fajimr

« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2007, 02:17 pm »
There is one Michael Amster lives in LA with AKSAs. 

unfortunately LA is about a 5 hour drive from the Bay Area, Hugh.... 

This got me thinking that maybe you should have a list of AKSA owners and their whereabouts on your site Hugh.  David Ellis has something similar with a non-spamable e-mail contact.

Anad... if your travels bring you to montreal (until dec) or utah (after Jan) I would be happy to demo but I am sure you'll find something closer in the mean time. 

jim

AKSA

« Reply #11 on: 9 Oct 2007, 09:41 pm »
Hi Jim,

Yes, we've been here before, and it's difficult.  I have set up a database, but it must be loaded, and it's just one more big job.

Anand, listening tests are the bane of my life, they really are.  I'm very sorry....

OTOH, I'm in Denver 12-14th October, come for a listen!!   :wink:

Ciao,

Hugh

tl1000sv

« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2007, 08:06 pm »
I am about 90 minutes' drive from San Francisco (Sacramento area) but unfortunately I will be away that weekend, returning on the evening on Sunday the 28th.  If your travel plans do not have you departing until Monday, and you don't mind driving in the evening hours, it might be possible to give you an hour or so with my LifeForce 100's.

If that schedule can work for you, PM me if you want to pursue it.  Tim

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #13 on: 15 Oct 2007, 01:06 pm »
Can't believe this thread keeps lingering! You AKSA folks are a really dedicated bunch! My parents used to live in Rocklin, but this summer they moved to the Bahamas. I still have cousins there, but unfortunately I need to be back by Sunday night. We do visit our cousins often though. So...I'll have to take a rain check. But at least I know Sacramento is a possibility.

Thanks Tim,
Anand.

AKSA

« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2007, 01:20 am »
Tim,

Thank you sincerely, appreciated!

Anand, keep the faith, an audition will soon be upon you!!

Cheers,

Hugh