Poll

What can nOrh do to "make-good" on botched Le Amp Introduction?

Provide free shipping on amps to buyers
5 (22.7%)
Extend introductory pricing for 90 more days
5 (22.7%)
Provide free nOrh interconnects with amp purchase
1 (4.5%)
Send demo amps to AC members for evaluation
3 (13.6%)
Provide free massage-with happy ending- from lovely Thai ladies with amp purchase
8 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: 7 Sep 2003, 07:46 pm

What can nOrh do to "make-good" on botched Le Amp

jackman

« on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:46 pm »
:D It appears several consumers are very upset with the delays in the introduction of this new item from nOrh.  I would like to help nOrh by listing several options for consumer feedback.   This is real market research at its finest! :?  :D

F-100

« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2003, 10:06 pm »
I'll take the free Thai massage any day. They are the best :lol:  :lol:

Andrikos

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2003, 04:04 am »
Now that is what I call "A thread begging to be deleted and the instigator kicked out of the forum"
Shame on you...

Dozer

« Reply #3 on: 3 Sep 2003, 04:15 am »
Go F yourself goody-two-shoes.

Oh, sorry - that was a choice on the OTHER poll.   I think I like the last option best...  "happy ending" that's funny!

BradJudy

« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2003, 01:00 pm »
Quote from: Andrikos
Now that is what I call "A thread begging to be deleted and the instigator kicked out of the forum"
Shame on you...

With the exception of the last item, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this thread.  A lot of people are annoyed/upset and someone is suggesting the company involved do something to apease the customers.  Sounds quite reasonable to me.

starlet

« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2003, 03:12 pm »
I think the best is to email Barnes directly than to pee in the nOrh circle.

The forum is a good place to discuss anything audio but I remember Barnes told me that he prefers to handle customer service privately.

byteme

« Reply #6 on: 3 Sep 2003, 09:10 pm »
Quote from: starlet
I think the best is to email Barnes directly than to pee in the nOrh circle.

The forum is a good place to discuss anything audio but I remember Barnes told me that he prefers to handle customer service privately.
I don't see this as customer service though.  This isn't a broken amp or preamp that doesn't work, this is product launch.  He's been interestingly absent from all of these threads for over a week and even then just mentions that he "should" have new cases in two weeks to do a shipment.  Of what?  10 again?  Please...  There are TOO many other options out there to be hanging waiting on something that may or may not ever see the light of day.  It's been over 6 months since it was promised "at the end of the month".  I made another choice and am very happy with it.  And as for not "peeing" in the nOrh forum - that's what this is for, nOrh certainly has hyped the LE2 here and we should be able to bitch about it here too.

jones rush

« Reply #7 on: 3 Sep 2003, 11:26 pm »
What can nOrh do to "make-good" on botched Le Amp Introduction?

Not only change "watts" to "Watts", but also "Norh" to "nOrh". That will more than compensate for everything.

Andrikos

« Reply #8 on: 3 Sep 2003, 11:33 pm »
Quote from: Dozer
Go F yourself goody-two-shoes.

Oh, sorry - that was a choice on the OTHER poll.   I think I like the last option best...  "happy ending" that's funny!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I was talking to an 11 year old.
I thought only adults could post...

jackman

« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2003, 11:47 pm »
I don't see this as customer service though. This isn't a broken amp or preamp that doesn't work, this is product launch. He's been interestingly absent from all of these threads for over a week and even then just mentions that he "should" have new cases in two weeks to do a shipment. Of what? 10 again? Please... There are TOO many other options out there to be hanging waiting on something that may or may not ever see the light of day. It's been over 6 months since it was promised "at the end of the month". I made another choice and am very happy with it. And as for not "peeing" in the nOrh forum - that's what this is for, nOrh certainly has hyped the LE2 here and we should be able to bitch about it here too.

Yeah!  What he said!  Great post.  Hey everyone, you all seem a bit tense, maybe you need that last option.  Nothin' like a massage with a happy ending from a lovely Thai lady...

Jman

Dozer

« Reply #10 on: 4 Sep 2003, 12:39 am »
Andrikos.  It's not right what you said.  And anyway I'm rubber and you're glue.  Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.  So there.  All flame will be ignore.

thepogue

i'm in this for the long haul...
« Reply #11 on: 4 Sep 2003, 03:06 pm »
I'm sure its way more than anyone realizes marketing and manufacturing great new producst for great prices. I'll wait for the amps as long as it takes. This upgrade will be worth wating for!! But I'll take whatever feebies nOrh can spare ;)

Peace, Pogue

Pez

« Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2003, 05:14 am »
Have you guys heard the LAII?  :lol: Not worth all of this argument, trust me.

lo mein

Re: What can nOrh do to "make-good" on botched Le
« Reply #13 on: 15 Sep 2003, 08:18 pm »
Quote from: jackman
:D It appears several consumers are very upset with the delays in the introduction of this new item from nOrh.  I would like to help nOrh by listing several options for consumer feedback.   This is real market research at its finest! :?  :D

Why upset? Or did you just see it as a chance to sneak in and to raise some anti nOrh sentiment here?

Did nOrh already charged their creditcards?

Waiting for nOrh's products is a fact of life. I waited for months for my ceramic 4.0. I pre- oredered them when it was only an idea, not even on paper, nor any prototype.  Same with the SM6.9. Then the LeAmp.

I'm still very satisfied with all my nOrh's and Odyssey gears, and see no need to replace them.

Did you guys even buy any consumer products? If so. I'm sure you'd aware that they always say something like price and specifications can be change without  notice.

Even scrapping a product is not uncommon in business. Heck. VW even scrapped the new Beetles, even it's a good seller and an excellent car!

They even put the space shuttle program on indefinate hold.

Jackman. I alway concern about your comments on both nOrh and Odyssey. Due to your provened history of slamming both.

I hate to say that... but it's very true.

nOrh owns nobody anything, even if the LeAmpII failed to materialised.

At least MB didn't made things up, and waged a massacre/war on lies like Mr Lyin' King did!

BTW. I didn't vote.

brotherman-5th floor

« Reply #14 on: 15 Sep 2003, 08:50 pm »
Look at what the cat dragged in.

jackman

« Reply #15 on: 15 Sep 2003, 09:27 pm »
Lo Mein,

It's good to hear from you again.  I hate to be the one to break it to you, but if you haven't read any negative sentiment from the many former nOrh supporters regarding the delays on LEII, you must be living in a bunker (or cave without internet access).   I have not been fanning any flames and have even posted some positive things about the LEII's (mainly, how good they look on paper since I haven't heard them).  If they are as good as they look on paper, they will certainly be up there with the best deals on the net...if they flop, it's curtains for nOrh.  

Nothing wrong with scrapping a product, but Barnes' credibility is at stake with this product.  Don't kid yourself by thinking or saying otherwise.  He needs a winner, and soon.  To his credit, if the delay is due to some quality issues, I'd rather see him fix them and delay the launch.  Either way, he hasn't done a good job communicating the reasons for the delay.  As I said before, only time will tell.  

Jman

PS-see, that was civil.  I have nothing against nOrh and Odyssey.  I've said it before, many people like their products and both companies have a good reputation for customer service.  Hopefully, nOrh can exhibit some of the great service that has made them so successful with internet buyers like yourself.

neilr11

« Reply #16 on: 15 Sep 2003, 10:15 pm »
Jack- When are you coming over?

jackman

« Reply #17 on: 15 Sep 2003, 10:21 pm »
Hi,
Let me check with my wife and I'll let you know.  Are you doing anything with your kids soccer or sports tonight?  Sorry for the short notice, but I'm dieing to hear those Maggies with the 550EX!

Just let me know!

J

PS-Lo Mein, chill bro.  Go out and get yourself a nice massage.  Bring lots of cash and see if they will finish you off (boom-boom).  I guarantee the right woman will knock that commie crap right out of your mind!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 16 Sep 2003, 12:12 am »
If MB wanted to give free shipping or some other comp to us long suffering folks who preordered, I wouldn't turn him down, but I'm not really all that frustrated with the wait.  Sure, I'm anxious to get mine, but at the price I'm willing to wait.

For anyone who can't but needs something comparable on the cheap, Outlaw Audio has a sale going on right now:  free shipping on their (200 watt monobloc) M-200.  Free shipping on a pair or buy 4 and get the 5th free.  I think they're Class G, and I don't know how they sound, but the internet feedback I've read has been positive.  They have the advantage of being 17" wide and stackable, a little easier to place.  They also run pretty cool.  I don't mean to advertise for Outlaw on nOrh's Circle, just pointing out that if you get tired of waiting, the M-200 is available now.

I'm gonna hang tight for now with my order.  Maybe MB would be good enough to give us an updated or ETA (although the cynics here won't believe him anyhow).  I still trust that I'll get my amps eventually, and as I've stated before, it's not like they've charged my CC, so I haven't given him any money.

I can only say they better be nice amps! :P