Bro, go f... yourself
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: 2 Sep 2003, 08:05 pm

LeAmp II-Vaporware? Cancelled?

brotherman-5th floor

« on: 2 Sep 2003, 03:29 am »
There was no first batch shipped out, really, was there?

eric the red

« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2003, 03:42 am »
Wow-the defender of all things norh speaks out :D  You've got to ask yourself this: If ten of the new leamps were indeed shipped, then why have we not seen one person saying anything about them on any of the audio boards? And (once again) this isn't just sour grapes because I had (up until last month) an order in for a pair (just as I did 3 years ago for the first ones).

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2003, 03:48 am »
Hmmm....well, I'm not ready to give up yet.  I am puzzled as to the delays, but I'll give MB the benefit of the doubt.  It's not like we've prepaid for 'em or anything.

hk29

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2003, 04:26 am »
Where are the reviews?

I cancelled mine back in July.  I bought the NAD 320BEE and haven't looked back.  I have no doubt that the LeAmps2 w/ preamp would be a better setup (at compariable output levels).

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2003, 05:00 am »
I've been seriously eyeing the NAD for my bedroom system.  Looks like just the ticket for a small room.  What are you driving with it?

brotherman-5th floor

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2003, 06:14 am »
Quote from: eric the red
You've got to ask yourself this: If ten of the new leamps were indeed shipped, then why have we not seen one person saying anything about them on any of the audio boards?

Daahhh :kiss: Would you rather have me whine every day a la ETR?

eric the red

« Reply #6 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:46 am »
hmmmm...remember the same delay ala le amp one? :D If it was any other vendor on this forum, I wonder if y'all would be cutting them so much slack?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 2 Sep 2003, 08:26 am »
For my own part, I've never owned anything nOrh.  Honestly, back in the HD days I was pretty tired of the nOrh hype, since everyone was always singing their praises.  But right now I'm sticking around and waiting since at the price there just isn't anything else out there.  If the LAII is even reasonable, what other 200 W monoblocks could you get for $200 each?

If I had more money I'd love some Aragon Palladiums or something like that, but at the moment I just can't afford anything like that.  I can afford some time spent waiting a lot more than I can afford a few grand for something else.

brotherman-5th floor

« Reply #8 on: 2 Sep 2003, 04:26 pm »
The only Norh product I own is LA I so I have no clue where ETR got "the defender of all things norh speaks out " line. He may be slick in the head. I think it's because I once suggested he held a personal grudge against MB and he was using the Norh forum to vend his frustration with cynical and sarcastic posts.

Actually back in the AR days, ETR was riding the Norh bandwagon like Father “GayGun” let loose in an orphanage - but that was a few years ago, people change I guess.

As for cutting MB slack, methinks you are wrong. Perhaps you missed my post about the picture of the amp on the Norh site showing the LAII display on, with the power switch in the off position (clearly the picture was "Photoshopped"). Interestingly enough, MB announced a new delay based on the capitalization of the word "watts" as it appeared on that display, a few days after that post.

My guess is that in a couple of weeks we’ll find out that the programming of the display was done by a Greek immigrant who mistakenly used Greek Alphabet characters instead. In any event MB is only (further) damaging his credibility. He's not holding up anyone's money during the delays-he's just running an amateur operation in a third world country with some people apparently oblivious to the word "deadline".

If he's a good businessman, he'll cut his losses and cancel this dog. In the grand scheme of things, it won’t even matter, just a handful of disgruntled ETRs, Robs, ABEXs and Bros. The response is not there, a large part of the orders (which by his own admission would cause him to lose money) are probably cancelled, there will almost certainly not be a strong following for the amp (judging by the apathy prevailing on the forums) and most importantly there's no Curt to sweep up any potential mess by supporting nickle and dimers like us for free on the Internet.

hk29

« Reply #9 on: 2 Sep 2003, 04:49 pm »
My system is in the signature.  I am driving a pair of B&W 602.5 speakers no sub.

I like it.  It's nice.  It is a night and day difference between the Onkyo 595 receiver and the NAD.    Wider sound stage, better imaging, and just much more musical.

And it plays loud enough for me to enjoy.

eric the red

« Reply #10 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:19 pm »
OK Bro-man-you win. I'll keep my thoughts on norh to myself from now on after this post, promise.  How ridiculous that after over 4+ months of promising the delivery of a product and telling customers that some had finally been shipped, (right) that its come to posts like yours asking WTF  :?: on an board where the owner of the company is the facilitator.  The "I've been busy" excuse for this kind of behavior wore a little thin a long time ago, don't you think? How ridiculous is it that MB can't check into this site a few times a week to give his customers answers to their questions, especially considering how much of an internet dependent, word of mouth company norh is.  To me, Barnes has sucked in yet another fresh batch of people who are more than willing to send him their money and who have a tremendous amout of patience in putting up with his shenanigans, and who, in the end, run out of enthusiasm for the promised goods after putting up months and months of BS and broken promises.  I just don't get it-sorry-as I imagine for many of the people who ordered the new amps the joy (this is a hobby for us remember) of finally getting the amps (if and when they ever do get shipped) must be tempered by the bad taste in their mouths after all the months of being fed bullshit.  This isn't about value for the money,  it's about very poor customer service and it's too bad because norh makes some great products. History sure has repeated itself here and that's it for me-I'll never type another sentance with the word norh in it. Enjoy your amps. :D

F-100

Go for the Odyssey Khartago
« Reply #11 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:31 pm »
You guys should do yourself a big favor by look into the new Odyssey Khartago amp.

Andrikos

« Reply #12 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:36 pm »
how much is it?
specs?

jackman

« Reply #13 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:36 pm »
The new Odyssey amp looks cool.  When is it coming out?  Also, how much does it cost?  Have you tried it yet?

The new LEII looks cool, hopefully, the nOrh gang can get their stuff together and get this thing out in the market.  On paper it seems like a good value...however lots of stuff looks good on paper.  Barnes should send a pair out for people to demo, kind've like Danny at GR, Chris at dAck!, Dave Ellis, et al...  nOrh has dug a bit of a hole for itself with this product.  It's causing a lot of ill will in the market, however if it's at good product and performs better than higher priced designs, all will be forgotten in time.  This may be a lesson well learned for the company...or not.

jman

brotherman-5th floor

Re: Go for the Odyssey Khartago
« Reply #14 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:41 pm »
Quote from: F-100
You guys should do yourself a big favor by look into the new Odyssey Khartago amp.

You mean more vapor?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:43 pm »
Again, assuming I actually get my amps, the months spent waiting will be forgotten over the years I'll spend listening to them.

I don't know anything about the Khartago; is it a monoblock?  The main reason I'm willing to wait on MB is that I want monoblocks.

brotherman-5th floor

« Reply #16 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:53 pm »
Quote from: eric the red
OK Bro-man-you win. I'll keep my thoughts on norh to myself from now on after this post, promise.

Don't be ridiculous-you can't stop now :scratch:. What we do need is a poll.

jackman

« Reply #17 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:56 pm »
Don't argue!  Just take the poll.  How can nOrh solve this one?  Your help is appreciated!
 8)
Jman

brotherman-5th floor

« Reply #18 on: 2 Sep 2003, 08:14 pm »
Hey JMan, how did I know you'd vote e.)? :finger:  :mrgreen:

jackman

« Reply #19 on: 2 Sep 2003, 08:16 pm »
Hi Bro!  I'm just mad nobody voted in my poll!  Why hasn't anyone paid attention to my pole?!?!?  My pole has attracted no interest!  Er...sorry, it's POLL...

Jman :?