Audyssey vs. Trinnov

klh

Audyssey vs. Trinnov
« on: 11 Sep 2007, 01:57 am »
I started essentially the same thread
in the Multichannel Audio and the Digital Domain forum, but I think it should have been here.

This is what I wrote:

"Can somebody please explain the difference between the two?

"I've spend the last two hours searching the web and cannot find an answer. Nobody at AVS seems to know. Once specific thing I'm wondering is whether the Trinnov corrects for multiple locations simultaneously like the Audyssey EQ. I'm interested in Sherwood Newcastle's upcoming R-972 receiver and they have chosen the Trinnov software over Audyssey's version. I believe this is the first time Trinnov's software will be available that inexpensively ($1,800)."

Do any of you have knowledge of or experience with both software programs? Thanks in advance.

phoenix_rising

Re: Audyssey vs. Trinnov
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2007, 09:21 am »
Hi KLH,

From what I hav read the Trinnov system works in three dimensions and Audessy only in two. This means that the Trinnov system should have a very significant advantage over Audessy. In essence it can also adjust for speaker placement i.e. If the center is below the screen it can correct it so it ounds as if it is coming out of the screen itself. It can also adjust for first reflections, from my limited understanding this means hiher accuracy while the Audessy system is a more briad brush approach looking to fool the ear.

It is interesting to note that the Trinnov system is now starting to appear in real world audo engineering use where I have not heard of Audessy being used for such purposes. I think that says a lot. The audio engineers say it works and are willing to pay big bucks to implement the system.

cheers
Alan