Reference CD Source System (RCSS) for DEMO

audioengr

« on: 1 Sep 2003, 08:10 pm »
Empirical Audio is offering a reference CD source system for demo comprising the following:
1) Empirical modded Sony DVP-S7700 Transport
2) Empirical modded Perpetual Technologies P-3A DAC
3) Bitmeister 1m SP/DIF digital cable
4) Reference recordings disk

The system can be checked-out for 21-days with a $1000 deposit and UPS Gnd shipping both ways (usually ~$30).

Please see the Component Mods page at this website for more details:

http://www.empiricalaudio.com

Sa-dono

Re: Reference CD Source System (RCSS) for DEMO
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2003, 07:45 am »
Quote from: audioengr
Empirical Audio is offering a reference CD source system for demo comprising the following:
1) Empirical modded Sony DVP-S7700 Transport
2) Empirical modded Perpetual Technologies P-3A DAC
3) Bitmeister 1m SP/DIF digital cable
4) Reference recordings disk

The system can be checked-out for 21-days with a $1000 deposit and UPS Gnd shipping both ways (usually ~$30).

Please see the Component Mods page at this website for more details:

http://www.empiricalaudio.com

I'm glad to see you sending a demo around. My only comments are as follows...

Make it an $1000 authorization, instead of a deposit. Only have us pay shipping one way.

quotes:
"3) If any of the equipment is damaged functionally (for instance the drawer does not work), repairs or replacement will be charged from the deposit
4) If the equipment is cosmetically damaged, such as scratches on the transport window, repairs or replacement will be charged from the deposit (there are minor scratches on the top of the transport already)"

This seems a little overboard but understandable. I don't imagine too many problems except with shipping. As long as the shipping is insured, most of the above problems would be avoided.

Just some thoughts and suggestions. I of course applaud that you have created a demo at all. I'm especially interested in items 1 and 2. I'll have to think about signing up...

audioengr

« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2003, 04:13 pm »
Sadono - I would do the authorization, but I don't take charge cards, except through PayPal.