Calling Linkwitz Orion owners in the UK :-)

darrenyeats

Calling Linkwitz Orion owners in the UK :-)
« on: 7 Sep 2007, 06:08 pm »
Hi,
I am very interested in the above active speaker system, the only problem is I haven't heard one. From what I've read it's up my street, but...

If anyone owns Orions or knows of someone who owns Orions in the UK, then I would love to be put in touch with them. I am searching for someone kind and enthusiastic enough to let me hear their cherished Orions and what they can do!

I am normally not a DIYer, so building an Orion just "for fun" isn't going to happen ;-) I would love to hear this system before going any further with this...

Thanks in advance, Darren

Builder Brad

Re: Calling Linkwitz Orion owners in the UK :-)
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2007, 06:40 pm »
Hi Darren,

welcome to Audio Circle.

where in the UK are you?

Brad

darrenyeats

« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2007, 06:49 pm »
Hi Brad, I live in Colchester.
Darren

darrenyeats

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2007, 04:53 pm »
Bump...

Still not been able to listen to the Orion. Anyone in the UK willing to help, please PM me.

Many thanks, Darren

Jampot

« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2007, 06:30 pm »
Hey up Darren (and Brad)

I think there are probably relatively fewer AC members in the UK than Linkwitz owners - have you posted on any of the 'UK - centred' forums?

Jim

(in Lancashire - but not an Orion owner)

GordonJ

« Reply #5 on: 5 Oct 2007, 11:14 am »
Hi Darren

I'm in the Romford area and currently building a pair of Orions, but at current rate of progress it'll be 2 or 3 months before any sound issues forth. (Just moved house so many distractions.) If you haven't managed to hear any by then pm me. In the meantime have you tried the Linkwitz forum - there's a guy called Vikash who posts there who I think is in London. He's been helpful re a couple of queries I had though I can't say if he'd be up for offering a demo obviously.

Cheers

Gordon

DaveJB

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2008, 02:37 pm »
Has anyone managed to hear Orions in the UK yet? I last contributed to AS about Felicias some months back. Having finished work on the sources (for now) OB speakers are now in my sights as a possible replacement for active ATCs.

Dave

richidoo

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jan 2008, 02:54 pm »
Check in with these guys at the official Orion forum.
http://orion.quicksytes.com/index.php

Davey

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jan 2008, 09:18 pm »
It seems like the Orion system has not peaked the interest of too many audiophiles in the UK.  I'm not sure what the reason is for that.  :)

Anyways, if you make a query in this thread maybe someone will come forward:

http://orion.quicksytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3

There are definitely some Orion owners in the area, but maybe they don't feel comfortable offering auditions.  That's totally cool.

Dave.