Advice needed from fellow odyssey fans

ukjon72

Advice needed from fellow odyssey fans
« on: 6 Sep 2007, 02:55 pm »
hello all,

I have been a fan of odyssey/Klaus since I purchased my Stratos Mono's from him but alas it is now time for me to give them up.

Since re-marrying (and now having children) I just don't have the time to listen to music other than on the radio, so i am going to sell my system (also have run out of space)

I have never done this before and wanted to get advice on where is the best place to sell, and how to find out what a fair price is for the equipment i have.

I will probably downsize to a smaller system if possible as i really don't want to leave the world of Hi-fi completely!

currently I have

odyssey audio stratos mono's with Cap upgrade (black) about 5 years old
Krell KAV-250P Pre with Gronenburg power cable
Ah! Njoe Tjobe 4000 with all upgrades (feet, 24/192 up sampling, Power cord) CDP
Meadowlark Kestrel Hot Rod speakers
Gronenburg Quattro IC's and speaker wire
Van Severs Clean line conditioner

I might keep the CDP if i can find a nice integrated and bookshelf speakers without breaking the bank..!

Any suggestions would be great!
« Last Edit: 6 Sep 2007, 05:16 pm by ukjon72 »

DogWizard

Re: Advice needed from fellow odyssey fans
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2007, 04:37 pm »
In my experience, your best bet would be to list them here on AC and if that doesn't get things moving fast enough fall back on Audiogon. Ebay would be hit-or-miss with that level of gear. Split everything up - if you try to sell it as a set, you might get lucky but more than likely not. Although some hate the idea, PayPal is about the most universal funds transfer system out there so an account (free) would open up a wider range of potential buyers. As far a setting prices - review the past sales here and current Audiogon sales for a benchmark. A lot of gear moves through these places and while it may not be exact, it should give you at least a starting point.

Good Luck,

-Darin

P.S. If you want to move those Groneberg IC's and Speaker Cables, let me know - I've been curious to see how they sound with my Odyssey gear...  :thumb:

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2007, 02:27 am »
If you plan on hanging speakers on the wall or truly putting them on bookshelves then sell the Kestrels. If you are going to stand mount them you'd be better off keeping the Kestrels. They don't bring much on the used market these days and they are hard to replace for what they sell for. Good luck with the family.

ukjon72

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2007, 01:18 pm »
Ideally I would love to go to a wall mounted or speaker on my bookshelf, but i have yet to find any information on a speaker that will work well on bookshelves. I have seen that anything i need to consider needs to be either a sealed speaker or a front ported speaker but then also read that everything will sound like crap on a bookshelf... which is a real shame as i have about 15 feet of custom built solid bookshelf space!  :(