Omega model 120. Can't find info.

slprcvc

Omega model 120. Can't find info.
« on: 30 Aug 2007, 03:09 pm »
I bought a set of Omega model 120 bookshelf speakers but I can't find any info on them on the web.  They are two way with a 8" woofer and a 3" tweeter.  They're finished in a nice walnut veneer over particleboard and the grill emblem has the omega symbol with an "A" and a "P" to the right of it positioned vertically.  I don't have a picture but could take one if needed.  HELP.

Jampot

Re: Omega model 120. Can't find info.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2007, 03:34 pm »
I haven't found anything using Google either, and it may be a while before Louis is around to comment, but -

It could be that they aren't Louis's speakers at all. the name is also used on a range of volume speakers for computers and home theatre (although to be honest they don't come up in google either, but I have seen them on eBay).

If they were Louis's , perhaps it could be these

http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com/about.html

Marathon built 2-way stand mounted speakers for a company who was selling music and home theater gear through a group of stores. Louis had his own shop and was doing well selling the Marathon 2-ways

Saw your post also in the vintage circle - glad you're enjoying them!

Jim

slprcvc

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2007, 05:08 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I suspected they might not be actual Omegas but they sound so good I was hopeful.  I'll just have to wait for Louis to set me straight.  Thanks again.

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2007, 09:58 pm »
Hi slprcvc,

Many thanks for your post.

These aren't mine and there was a company years ago that made multiway speakers under the Omega name. When I stared Omega Speaker Systems I was unaware about this. I have tried to search for any info I could get, but didn't come up with much. They went out of business in the 80's.

Thanks again,
Louis