SP Tech Experience with Amps

Double Ugly

Re: SP Tech Experience with Amps
« Reply #40 on: 8 Sep 2007, 04:11 am »
(Don't forget....around 5PM ...everyone to the bar/lounge area for a get-together...)

Nah, I won't forget.  I'll be there with "Company: Double Ugly" on my name tag.   :wink:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #41 on: 8 Sep 2007, 04:13 am »
I am looking to meet all you guys who have been effected by the Magical Sp-tech sound.
I'm learning a mile a minute.
Rod
Rod....Did you receive your speakers yet ?

RodMCV

« Reply #42 on: 8 Sep 2007, 04:29 am »
I am looking to meet all you guys who have been effected by the Magical Sp-tech sound.
I'm learning a mile a minute.
Rod
Rod....Did you receive your speakers yet ?
Hello Chris,
They are soon to ship but will hang in Indiana for special care. I visit them and Bob October 1st for a personal look see and hear.
Is the belly up to the bar every day at 5pm @RMAF?
Rod

AKSA

« Reply #43 on: 8 Sep 2007, 04:36 am »
Thanks Jim, Chris,

I will be there with a name tag, larger than life and as loud as a Texan   :thumb:

I sincerely look forward to meeting you both and any other AC member who cares to drop in on the Aspen/Ellis stand.....  I will indeed have the new amp there for audition.

Thanks for the interest and the goodwill.  It will be a wonderful time, I'm sure.

Cheers,

Hugh

J@ck

« Reply #44 on: 8 Sep 2007, 09:54 pm »

J@ck
I agree with Rod in that an AKSA might be just the ticket.  Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to hear one yet, but I have to believe there's something to the near-universal acclaim they've received.

Another option is a pair of used Odyssey Extreme monoblocks, or even a stereo model.  Klaus' amps are exceptional values, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a better amp for the money, especially on the used market.

Haven't heard the Stellavox either, at least not that I can remember (they all run together after a while  :?), but it may work beautifully. 

What are you using now?

Thank you all for all the suggestions.
Right now I am using the Odyssey Khartagos. They are nice and I'll see if it will do it for me when I get the Minis.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #45 on: 8 Sep 2007, 09:58 pm »

Is the belly up to the bar every day at 5pm @RMAF?
Rod

I believe it is just Friday.

Lin

Double Ugly

« Reply #46 on: 8 Sep 2007, 10:28 pm »
Right now I am using the Odyssey Khartagos. They are nice and I'll see if it will do it for me when I get the Minis.

Far and away the best place to start IMHO. 

If you still need amplification for another system, or if the Khartagos don't work well with the Minis, at least you'll have a baseline from which to work.