Hope

pjchappy

Hope
« on: 29 Aug 2003, 04:40 am »
I just read an article linked from the Drudgereport, which talked about tonight's MTV Music Awards.  .  . the only thing I have to say is that I hope people from this sight give Coldplay a chance, besides the fact that they won 3 awards from tonight's MTV show.

By the way, I bought a couple Grandaddy CDs  because of a friend's recommendation. . .they are great. .  . a must purchase.

p

Carlman

Coldplay = MAXLEVEL
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2003, 01:27 pm »
If Coldplay ever gets someone to master their CD's properly, I'll start listening to them again.  Their albums are blaring and awful. (especially Rush of Blood)  I really like the music but I just can't stand listening to the everything-maxed-out-at-the-same-level-and-compressed sound.  Very annoying... even in my car.

bob82274

Hope
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2003, 03:50 am »
I almost picked the CD up today... I hardly ever listen to newer bands because they lack complexity or they just don't have talent.  Coldplay though has a future ahead of them if their current work is any indication.

jasonc

Hope
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2003, 03:30 pm »
Hi PJ,
Granndaddy is definitely a word of mouth band.  A friend burned a copy of Software Slump for me a few years ago and I likened to them quickly.  Sumday is a more polished album, I like them both.  I hope this band stays on the small scale of things.. they're a good find!

jed lives!