Need customer service help

cliffy

Need customer service help
« on: 20 Aug 2007, 10:05 pm »
I purchased a pair of Marble 3.0s.  Based on the pictures and information on the Norh web site, I thought they would be the vertical columns.  I emailed a request for dimension and estimated delivery timing but never received a response.

Without advance notice, I received two boxed from Norh at my home.  I opened one box and discovered much to my surprise that the were 'log' shaped.  I also noticed severe shipping damage.  The grill cover was broken off and all attachment points sheared off.  There was also broken marble around the edge of the speaker. 

I never even opened the other box.  I email Norh regarding this issue and have never received a reply.

What are my other options?  I hope maybe someone from the company will see this post and try to remedy this situation.

Thanks,

Spencer
Norh Order # 2007080301

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Need customer service help
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2007, 10:46 pm »
Hmm...I see how you could be confused

here is a picture of the new Marble 3.0 from some previous news (you may want to try to research this more)

http://www.norh.com/news/1106/index.html

The other picture I saw was a few years old I think. At some point all the marble speakers were going to be discontinued due to their craftsman sources drying up, then I think they found someone to do some of the marble products, so I guess the Marble 3.0 drums were the new incarnation?

I am sure they will take care of the shipping damage, they always do. You just have to be a little patient.

I would bet the drums sound the best, in any case, based on the experiences of many. Personally, I would open the other box and hook them up! This should in no way affect you getting any damages taken care of. An amazing price for marble speakers. The wood ones went like hotcakes, apparently for $250 at a past Rocky Mountain show.

cliffy

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2007, 02:52 am »
I will try to be more patient.  The only 3.0s identified as Marble on the current products webpage are the columns I thought I was ordering.

Part of the reason I purchased these was their lack of deskspace required.

Oh well,
Hopefully I will get an official response soon.

cliffy

Re: Need customer service help - update
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2007, 08:10 pm »
I have opened a claim with UPS for both speakers :o as they were both heavily damaged in transit.

UPS is supposed to pick them up today and 'investigate'.  Hopefully it won't take too long to get my replacements.

Cliffy

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2007, 02:52 am »
Did you get any pictures of the (damaged) speakers?

JEaton

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2007, 03:04 am »
Hmm...I see how you could be confused

What's confusing?

http://www.norh.com/products/norh3/index.html

http://www.norh.com/products/norh3/norh3marble1.jpg

"Dimensions: Long 13 inches, Diameter 8 inches and round body 26 inches - for wood. The marble ones are really small. We will post the dimensions soon."

Contact your credit card company if you don't hear back from norh and begin the chargeback process.  I wouldn't even bother UPS - the shipping damage is secondary to the fact that you were shipped something other than advertised.  Let norh worry about the damaged speakers - they're not your problem.

cliffy

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2007, 03:52 am »
I sent some pictures of the damage to Norh.  They did reply.  I am going to see what happens with the UPS damage resolution process.  They picked up the speakers today.  I will post updates as they happen.

Cliffy

cliffy

Re: Need customer service help - UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2007, 05:13 pm »
I finally received my replacement black marble 3.0s last week.  The are undamaged except for one grill that has both mounting 'nubs' broken off.  They are still the drum shape as opposed to the columns that are shown on the website.  No one from NORH ever was able to respond to this issue :?

They look and sound good.  Now I have to find the space for them since they take up considerable more space than I thought and are rear ported to  boot :scratch:

Thanks for listening.

jqp

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2007, 01:33 am »
Those mounting nubs have always been a problem. They can replace them I think.

As far as ports just give give them 6-12" or less if you go at an angle. Some get a plaster or marble column for the stand.

Love to see pics when you can!