hypex subwoofer amplifiers?

JP78

hypex subwoofer amplifiers?
« on: 20 Aug 2007, 05:45 pm »
hello,

i can't seem to find a reputable retailer for hypex subwoofer amplifiers.  do you guys offer them?  if not, can you please point me in the right direction?  i live in the states (florida).

thanks,

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: hypex subwoofer amplifiers?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2007, 06:02 pm »
Kevin Haskins is respectable, I think.  :wink:  At least his posts indicate a sane and even keeled person with integrity.  A couple of little things I ordered from him were shipped the same day. 

http://www.diycable.com/main/default.php?cPath=140&Cid=09dc2445e07abda1963b3e2d561a0533

It's cheaper if you do the assembly if you have the time. 

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2007, 07:29 pm »
Respectable is a relative term I guess.  :lol:

To answer the question though, I don't stock any of the subwoofer based amps.   Why?    Not because they are a bad product, just the opposite.   Its more of an issue of cost and demand.   If I had a large enough demand that I thought it was smart to stock them I would.     

If you have a specific model you want I can order it for you.    Alternately, you can just order them direct from Hypex.    A lot of times you avoid the customs fees I'd have to pay when ordering them as a business entity.

Go to:   www.hypex.nl

TerryO

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2007, 02:08 am »

It's obvious that a lot of people here didn't attend the Vancouver Island DIY Meet 3 weeks ago :lol:

TerryO

LanceL

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2007, 12:44 pm »
TerryO, sent you a PM

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2007, 02:51 pm »

It's obvious that a lot of people here didn't attend the Vancouver Island DIY Meet 3 weeks ago :lol:

TerryO

There is a difference between respectable, and reputable as used by the original poster.    A respectable person does not drink too much in public, urinate in the yard, argue forcefully about politics, religion and audio nor do they make unseemly jest at the opposite sex or their elders.

I reputable person may do all of the above.   They just do them in a constant manner in such a way as to form a reputation among a group of people. 

Is there going to be booze at the Vashon Island meeting?   I may have to consult with my AA group before attending. 
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2007, 06:57 pm by Kevin Haskins »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2007, 03:12 pm »
I have got to meet you someday. Just someday. I'll show you who's better at pissing in the yard!  :lol:

One of the good guys in audio, hip, hip hooray for Kevin  :thumb:

Anand.

JP78

« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2007, 06:54 pm »
well, as you guys can tell grammar isn't my strong suit.  i did indeed mean reputable, as i myself would hardly pass for respectable :).  i asked on this forum because i didn't see any info of the subwoofer amps on kevin's website.

kevin - thanks for the tip of ordering direct.  i appreciate the straightforward response.  i will contact hypex directly then if that's what you recommend.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2007, 07:20 pm »
Go ahead and order them direct from Hypex.    They will be able to ship them sooner than I could order them, have them shipped to me and then turn-around and ship to you.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2007, 07:23 pm »
JP,

I own a hypex Ucd 400 amp that I have never tried.  It was built for me by another ACer and I haven't picked it up yet.  This kit was offered as a group buy here on AC a couple of years ago by Ken S. who is no longer in the country doing any audio business.  I know it sounds dubious, but I understand that he put together a good package.  PM me if you are interested in the amp. 

P.S.  Don't worry -- this is a legitimate use of PM.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2007, 07:27 pm »
I think he is looking at the subwoofer specific plate amps.    They have some signal processing that is typical for a subwoofer (LP, HP, phase, gain etc..).     

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2007, 07:34 pm »
Cool,

I may have to look into some myself.