For Sale: RWA squeezebox 3 : full mod+ ac

dancause

For Sale: RWA squeezebox 3 : full mod+ ac
« on: 17 Aug 2007, 09:03 pm »
RedWine audio mod. Squeezebox 3 with full options:
-Analogue mods
-Digital mods
-AC plug for listening while the battery is recharging (originaly a 100$ option).

battery currently holds about 4hrs of power. 

Vinne stills offer support for this product and can easily change the batterie when needed.

SOLD THANKS!
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2007, 06:50 pm by dancause »

byteme

Re: For Sale: RWA squeezebox 3 : full mod+ ac
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2007, 09:10 pm »
For the record, I've got a substantially similar unit - love it.  Have changed the battery myself in it.  Very painless procedure once you get by the industrial strength double sided tape Vinnie uses!!

dancause

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2007, 09:26 pm »
Thanks for the precision. 

cheers

Gaara

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2007, 09:57 pm »
Do you have the details on this unit, like what the mod entails?

Do you have any pictures of this unit?

What forms of payment do you accept?

Thanks.

Jared

dancause

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2007, 12:27 am »
hi Jared,

I have mailed Vinnie for the complete list of mods. I don't have it at the moment. I can only tel you that all the mods that were offered by RWA were done. I will post the list when I get a reply from Vinnie.

Pictures will follow tomorrow morning.

I accept paypal

regards

Phil

dancause

« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2007, 11:27 am »
Jared,

Here is a link to some pictures of the RWA SB3: http://gallery.mac.com/philippedancause/100041

And here is the list of mods done to the SB3:

Modifications

1) Replace the stock Burr-Brown PCM1748 DAC (16-SSOP SMD) with the upgraded PCM1748KE, 
     which has 6dB improved Dynamic Range and SNR, as well as improved THD and channel separation.

2) Replace the stock surface mount opamp (NJM 2041) with a high-end Burr Brown chip (OPA2604).       The combination of the Burr-Brown dac and output stage opamp result in improved bass punch,      PRaT, and dynamics (especially when using a passive preamp).  Midrange and top end performance are exceptional! 

***NOTE: Modification number 2 above preserves the 2.1Vrms output, low output impedance, as well  as the headphone output

3) Replace ALL analog signal coupling caps with Black Gate NX-Hi-Q non-polarized caps                 

4) Replace the DAC’s critical Vcc, Vdd, and Vcom decoupling caps with Gate NX-Hi-Q non-polarized caps. 

5) Replace the stock RCA jacks with upgraded pair of high-quality, gold-plated jacks with Teflon inner
     insulator.  Hard wiring of the signal wire to the new RCA jacks

6) Removal of the 14V power feed from on-board switching power supply (which feeds the
     critical 3.3V and 5V regulators used for the internal DAC as well as the SPDIF output buffer), and
     replace it with the 12V supply line from the external 12V SLA battery enclosure...a much
     cleaner choice of power supply.

7) Feed the SB2's 5V main input with a linear regulated 5V generated from an external 12V SLA
     battery enclosure.

8 )  Install additional low ESR capacitance to the 5V input (filtering)         

9) Application of vibration-dampening material to the main crystal oscillator

10) Replacement of the stock RCA digital output jack with a high-quality, 75-ohm BNC jack.

11) Installation of a custom, 3-conductor power cord and Switchcraft 'twist-lock' plug to be used
     with the external battery enclosure

12) Addition of a direct A/C connection making it possible to listen to the SB3 while charging the battery

cheers

Gaara

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2007, 02:46 pm »
Phil,

I am kinda hesitant but have a few more questions:

I see the battery has 2 switches, I assume one is for on/off and the other is for battery/ac power correct?

You said that the battery currently holds a 4hr charge, what did it hold when you first purchased it?

When did you purchase the unit+mods?

Does the battery run warm?  I know weird question but we don't really have AC and the SB3 I currently have runs kinda warm, just wondering if the battery does to.

What are the dimensions for the battery?

How long is the PC from the battery to the SB3?

I noticed other older ads list " Disable the 12.28MHz crystal oscillator (used for 48kHz and 32kHz sampled files, not CD)" as on of the mods, I know that kills some internet radio stations, does this unit have this mod as well?

Where are you located?

Thanks.

Jared

dancause

« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2007, 05:52 pm »
Hi Jared,

you are correct about the switch.

The battery originaly had about 7hrs in it.  My 2 years old accidently switched it to one and it drained almost out. it has been stable to 4hrs since.

I bouth it about 1.5 years ago.

It is wireless. The computer is downstairs about 12 metres.

The case is a bit warm but nothing to worry about.  It is certainly not hot or very warm.

The cristal mod has not been done in order to preserve the radio.

I am located in Quebec city.

dancause

« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2007, 03:28 pm »
Still available.

a new SB3 is 299$ and these upgrades were arount 550$!

So total original price 850$ for 550$.

Philippe

kenreau

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2007, 10:52 pm »
I sent you a pm with some questions.

Thanks,
Kenreau@yahoo.com

guest43862

« Reply #10 on: 1 Sep 2007, 11:25 am »
allo philippe... je vais acheter ton sb3..je viens de mtl alors je vais pick up a qc..mes parents habitent a charlesbourg....je peux avoir ton #??? je vais dans le maine jusqu'a lundi soir mais si c correct je vais tappeler en arrivant et tenvoyer largent... :)
merci
dave

dancause

« Reply #11 on: 1 Sep 2007, 11:31 am »
Salut,

pas de problème.  Je serai à l'extérieur aujourd'hui (samedi) mais à la maison dimanche et lundi.  Tu peux payer par paypal, cash (préféré) ou chèque visé. 

mon tél: 654-6852 (cell) et tel (688-3204).  merci d'appeler après 10h la famille dort encore!

au plaisir

Philippe

elmalloc

« Reply #12 on: 3 Sep 2007, 05:25 am »
PM sent with questions.  Since when did we go french. :duh:

dancause

« Reply #13 on: 7 Sep 2007, 06:50 pm »
SOLD.  Thanks!