PC Based Digital Room Correction Software

datman

PC Based Digital Room Correction Software
« on: 17 Aug 2007, 08:38 pm »
Is anyone aware of any PC software (preferably Vista compatible) that will do near field speaker correction and adjustments using a calibrated microphone?  I am trying to tame the bottom end of my new Swans T200B monitors and I have not found the right software as of yet.  I know Vista has some of this capability, but it is not enough.  Any help will be appreciated.

The T200B's are quite amazing by the way.  Much better than the M200's they replaced.

Thanks

tonyptony

Re: PC Based Digital Room Correction Software
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2007, 09:21 pm »
dotman, yes there is. Go to hometheatershack.com, sign up, and spend the next several hours reading through the forums. There is both software and hardware that can be used for an effective PC based correction system.

GreggP

• Ampliozone
Re: PC Based Digital Room Correction Software
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2007, 04:05 pm »
You might want to check out the Digital Processing forum section. The description for this area says "All about audio-related digital signal processing: digital room correction, multi-amping using digital technology, digital crossovers and loudspeaker correction, equalization and target curves, and so on."

I also recommend the following websites:
(((acourate)))
convolver
Duff Room Correction Wiki
DRC
Audiolense
Jones Rush DRC Tutorial
Thuneau's Frequency Allocator This is more for digital crossovers, but I thought I read somewhere that he was also working on DRC functionality.
The DRC - Digital Room Correction - Wiki
Chris Birkinshaw's DRC Wiki
Digital Room Correction Blog

Hope this helps,